Episode 3 thoughts

Options
DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
I knew that Gwendoline Christie who plays Brienne was tall but, DAMN! She could fill in for the 'Mountain That Rides'.

Yoren fight scene at the end was kick *kitten*.

And once again Tyrion rocks!

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Tyrion was brilliant.
    Loved the scene with Arya and Yoren and Yaay for introducing Brienne. Although i thought she was going to be .. ugly?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    She was pretty ugly........maybe not as bad as expected...but pretty harsh.....

I liked the scene with Marjorie Tyrell........She looked pretty great.........
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I was expecting worse, this girl just looked... plain.

and there's something about Marjorie's face that weirds me out.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm pissing off my wife. She hasn't read the books so when Arya threw the axe in the cage she said, "Oh that's going to come back and bite her, Right?" All I could do was smile and not tell her a thing. Which of course just pisses her off even more. All good things to those that wait.

On a non-Arya note, “Power resides where men believes it resides. It is a trick, a shadow on the wall. And a very small man can cast a very long shadow.” I could listen to Varys and Tyrion talk for a full episode.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Sorry.....I didn't see her face. I will try to look closer next time.
    I was expecting worse, this girl just looked... plain.

and there's something about Marjorie's face that weirds me out.
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    lol at JAC comment - I wonder why you didn't see her face .. hmmm? I like how she knew what was going on with her new husband and brother.

Love that quote of Varys with Tyrion. I, like someone else said, could listen to them talk all day. I also LOVED the way they showed how Tyrion played Pycelle, Littlefinger and Varys in succession - very well done.

Glad to see Brienne on board - and yes, damn, is she tall! "If it pleases you, it's just Brienne. I'm no lady." ha ha ...

Sometimes I start to feel sorry for Sansa and then she goes and acts like a spoiled brat like she did with Shae Guess they're cutting out the storyline of her taking care of that pregnant girl so they had to put her somewhere. And Shae is acting all high and mighty, too; meanwhile, Tyrion is paying her so she's getting on my nerves a bit. Wonder if they're gonna put the secret exit in the whorehouse in eventually.

I saw a recap that had this and I thought it was funny:

DRINKING GAME:
    – Naked boobs: ­ 2 drinks
    – Theon Greyjoy makes a stupid face: ­ 2 drinks
    – Sansa does nothing: ­ 3 drinks
    – Cersei misses incest: ­ 3 drinks
    – Tyrion whistles: ­ 3 drinks
    – Jon Snow gives emo face: 4 drinks
    – Sexual tension (imagined or real) between Arya and Gendry: 5 drinks
    – Joffrey gets slapped: ­ chug

I think we'd all be drunk....lol.

I liked this episode better than the last one for sure. Looks like next week Dany comes back in and the confrontation between Stannis and Renly (awesome crown he has btw!)
  • Banannafish512
    Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Margarey just looks like she's always scheming, like there's a secret she could tell you, but she won't...

Brienne was SO tall and well-cast.

Hooray for gay guy sex! Although later, when Margarey wanted to call Loras back in to the bedroom...that was so much kinkier than what I expected from her.

I thought the setup from Yoren explaining how he would say that boy's name every night before Yoren got to kill him was a brilliant setup to explain what's going to happen with Arya.
  • Banannafish512
    Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Sometimes I start to feel sorry for Sansa and then she goes and acts like a spoiled brat like she did with Shae Guess they're cutting out the storyline of her taking care of that pregnant girl so they had to put her somewhere. And Shae is acting all high and mighty, too; meanwhile, Tyrion is paying her so she's getting on my nerves a bit. Wonder if they're gonna put the secret exit in the whorehouse in eventually.

Ah Sansa...I actually really liked that scene. It's like Sansa has no control over her own life and here she has this servant who supposed to obey Sansa (for a change), but servant Shae doesn't know what she's doing, which just frustrates Sansa more that she's just always a hostage with no one she can trust.
  • wlgreen379
    wlgreen379 Posts: 104
    Options
    Best episode yet, IMO. Tyrion was awesome as usual, but the Margery scene really took me by surprise. I love how she stepped up. It was great.
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yep.... worth watching...just wish they were longer!!! I think you need to have read the books to get the full impact of the intrigue and relationships...
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Hodor.
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You know nothing John Snow......