How do you keep records of races?

Options
Pickles11
Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
I just finished my first race yesterday (10k in 56:59) and I am planning a bunch more this summer (including one or two half marathons).

How do you keep records of the races you do and your times? I know that as soon as I start completing more and more races, I won't have my numbers stuck in my head, so I'd like a place to keep track of them. Do you have any suggestions, either online or an organized place you record it at home?

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    www.runningahead.com

i log all my miles
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    www.runningahead.com

i log all my miles

this

also there is a site called athlinks that automatically tracks most races
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Athlinks is very handy.
  • kenleyj
    kenleyj Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a notebook with those plastic inserts (paper protector sheets) and I will put my bib in them and then write down all the good information on it somewhere. You can log them online somewhere too, but this makes it more memorable. :smile:
  • josh0403
    josh0403 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I take a cheap engraver and carve my finishing time on the back of my medals.
  • magisy
    magisy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use an Excel spreadsheet so I can analyze by distance, pace, etc. Granted, my times haven't improved, but...... :laugh:
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm a spreadsheet kind of guy. I've been spreadsheeting for roughly 7 years now, and I keep trying lots of various websites and/or training programs, but the truth is I always go back to my goofy little spreadsheet. It works for me, and since it's all mine, I can customize it whenever I get the hankerin'.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have a notebook with those plastic inserts (paper protector sheets) and I will put my bib in them and then write down all the good information on it somewhere. You can log them online somewhere too, but this makes it more memorable. :smile:

I've only done 5 races, but I do this too... Keep my bib, write down the info, and if I have a picture, I include that too!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Athlinks is very handy.

x2
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I write my past races (with times) on my MFP profile. and upcoming races are listed and will move to the past races once i complete them.

convenient and you dont have to go to another site.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I blog about them. :smile:

And write the date and time on my bibs, which up until recently, were covering the fridge, but are now in a drawer. And I post my times on Runkeeper, too, along with all my training runs.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    i created a spreadsheet in Excel and just use that. i have year to year. i use for my taxes as well.
  • Steve_Runs
    Options
    www.runningahead.com

i log all my miles
    i use Runningahead as well!
  • Steve_Runs
    Options
    Athlinks is very handy.
    i like them cuz they often have my races already in their system!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I take photos of my bibs, and have an album on Facebook with my times & the dates.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Excel spreadsheet is the only way to go. That way you can compare race A in 2011 to race A in 2012 and so on. You also would have a way to add your percentiles for age group, gender, and overall. I also track my weight loss and associated numbers from my body composition monitor in a spreadsheet.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I log all my miles on RunKeeper... I also keep track of my goal times and chip times on my MFP profile page, and keep my bibs as souvenirs with the date/chip time and pace noted on the back.

May be a bit excessive :laugh: But ah well! Easier than trying to remember them all!
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bump
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    How do you add races in Athlinks? It found a bunch of mine automatically, but I couldn't add more, it greyed out the add race button.
  • _kimberly
    _kimberly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like to keep track of all my half marathons on my profile page at Half Fanatics: http://halffanatics.com/index.html (I'm Half Fanatic #892) and eventually, I'd like to add my marathons to a Marathon Maniacs profile page: http://www.marathonmaniacs.com/

I like these clubs for the support and camaraderie, and you'll always find them at races... great group!