Geez! Really?! - venting

Options
Phoenix59
Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
I so seriously wanted to strangle my husband last night! :mad:

We woke up early and planned on having breakfast at a new place yesterday. In the process of getting ready, I mentioned to him that, since he had a couple of take-home tests to complete, I was going to go on a hike after doing the grocery shopping I needed to do. He then tells me he wants go hiking with me. I figured he'd do his tests while I was doing the shopping and we'd go after I was done.

As we're walking out the door, he asks where my CamelBak is and why I'm wearing flip-flops. He somehow planned in his head that we were going hiking right after breakfast. Mind you, this is right after I said I would go after grocery shopping! Anyhow, I explained, YET AGAIN, what I had thought. He got irritated and said his tests were going to take too long and he wouldn't be able to go later. Of course, with that, he just sucked the fun right out of what I wanted to do. It left me annoyed and irritated and so unmotivated to do anything but go pick up a few groceries.

Later in the afternoon, he asks what we're having for dinner. I had planned on salmon, but he said he wanted to order a pizza. I had plenty of calories to be able to have a couple slices, if I wanted, so I agreed. We had pizza, of which I was only able to manage less than the two slices.

As we were getting ready for bed last night, he asked me how much I weighed. I'm thinking WTF? He very rarely asks me or comments about my weight. I asked him why he was asking and he says to me "I think we need to stop eating junk! We don't need to be eating pizza!" SERIOUSLY?!!! I'VE been busting MY *kitten* at the gym, doing MY best to eat clean, trying to get HIM involved in doing something active with me, then one of the FEW times I agree to eat something HE chooses, HE wants to tell ME to ditch the junk food!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!:explode:

Needless to say, I immediately went to the refrigerator and threw out what was left of the pizza. He was beside himself this morning because this was what he was planning to take for lunch. Instead, I fixed him a salad with grilled chicken, packed some carrot and celery sticks, along with a piece of fruit for his lunch. So there!:bigsmile:

/rant over

Replies

• alex_marie85
    Options
    I so seriously wanted to strangle my husband last night! :mad:

We woke up early and planned on having breakfast at a new place yesterday. In the process of getting ready, I mentioned to him that, since he had a couple of take-home tests to complete, I was going to go on a hike after doing the grocery shopping I needed to do. He then tells me he wants go hiking with me. I figured he'd do his tests while I was doing the shopping and we'd go after I was done.

As we're walking out the door, he asks where my CamelBak is and why I'm wearing flip-flops. He somehow planned in his head that we were going hiking right after breakfast. Mind you, this is right after I said I would go after grocery shopping! Anyhow, I explained, YET AGAIN, what I had thought. He got irritated and said his tests were going to take too long and he wouldn't be able to go later. Of course, with that, he just sucked the fun right out of what I wanted to do. It left me annoyed and irritated and so unmotivated to do anything but go pick up a few groceries.

Later in the afternoon, he asks what we're having for dinner. I had planned on salmon, but he said he wanted to order a pizza. I had plenty of calories to be able to have a couple slices, if I wanted, so I agreed. We had pizza, of which I was only able to manage less than the two slices.

As we were getting ready for bed last night, he asked me how much I weighed. I'm thinking WTF? He very rarely asks me or comments about my weight. I asked him why he was asking and he says to me "I think we need to stop eating junk! We don't need to be eating pizza!" SERIOUSLY?!!! I'VE been busting MY *kitten* at the gym, doing MY best to eat clean, trying to get HIM involved in doing something active with me, then one of the FEW times I agree to eat something HE chooses, HE wants to tell ME to ditch the junk food!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!:explode:

Needless to say, I immediately went to the refrigerator and threw out what was left of the pizza. He was beside himself this morning because this was what he was planning to take for lunch. Instead, I fixed him a salad with grilled chicken, packed some carrot and celery sticks, along with a piece of fruit for his lunch. So there!:bigsmile:

/rant over
    '

I so relate to this! Seriously, my husband has done similar things and you think to yourself "REALLY, here I am most of the time eating so healthy, I splurge and THEN you comment."

I relate. :-)