Adding workout to MFP

Options
allietuge
allietuge Posts: 343 Member
I will be starting Insanity tonight with my co-worker.
I'm very excited and nervous haha

Just wondering how you input the workout information into MFP.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor so I added by hand - each individual workout with my calorie burn for that particular dvd. I think people use "circuit training" and "high impact aerobics" as possible options.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    ive been using "high impact aerobics" but its definitly not accurate. i definitly need a HRM. It will be different for eveyone.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I do high impact aerobics as well. For the recovery days i do general aerobics. :D Definitely need a HRM. I need one! Good luck!
  • AKartes11
    AKartes11 Posts: 30
    Options
    I have a HRM and I will tell you guys that the "high impact aerobics isn't nearly as close to the calories you WILL burn if you keep your heart rate up and give it your all!! I keep my heart rate between 165 and 190 the whole time and I burn around 650 calories per 40 minutes, so my advice... Buy a HRM... Or... Look at the expected caloric burn for high impact aerobics and double it for insanity! And just create your own exercise as I have done, if anyone would like to friend me and check out my diary... It's an amazing burn! Good luck everyone!
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    OK just finished Plyo Cardio Circuit. I'm 5'5", 144 pounds and my HRM said I burned 450 cals in 42 mins. Woo hoo! I

I highly suggest a HRM if you can get one. :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I use my hrm and add each video as a separate workout. I'm burning around 350 calories for most of the videos, it has been going up as I'm trusting my knees more and working even harder.