I need a new game

Options
_HeathBar_
_HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
So, I need a new MMO type of game to play, at least until GW2 comes out.

MMO I've played:
Ultima Online (the best freakin game ever!!!)
Horizions (crappy grindfest)
Silkroad Online (free to play but too many bots)
Guild Wars (awesome)
WoW (meh)
SWTOR (meh)
there are more, but I don't remember so they probably sucked.

Recommendations?

Replies

• nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    LOL I've played most of those ... uumm SWTOR are offering a few free days right now I think up til the 20th ... I'm too swamped to play any but I wouldn't mind trying Tera when it comes out

http://tera.enmasse.com/

Looks pretty fun and new concepts are always fun to try out
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I haven't played any MMO's because of time restraints with school but I've heard on here that Lord of the Rings Online is pretty good. :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Diablo 3 comes out next month. :]
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Diablo 3 comes out next month. :]

So true... I've never played any of the other Diablo's but I've watched my hubby play the old one a few times.

Tera does sound nice, looked at their website and they have free open beta right now. Me likey.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    dee-ah-blo-3 will be your friiiend.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Firefall!
    It's still in closed beta phase so if you would like to try it let me know. I still have 2 invites left!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    That or Tera Online.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Aion just went free to play its good
    WoW has its free moments
    City of Heroes has Free to play also (long time player 8yrs)

There is quite a few good games just depends on your genre play you like fantasy, super heroes etc

DCUO is also F2P

explore all options :D
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Tho Funcom flopped w/ Age of Conan, they have a new one coming out called Secret World - my old gaming friends are thinking of trying it... I may if they do. The story is different but I'm afraid to trust Funcom and afraid to get back into an MMORPG due to how addicted I get haha
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Idk, we bounce from wow, to rift, to lotro, to guild wars, to idk what else. We try a lot, but only stuck with wow so far for the long term, altho rift has caught our attention recently. we get diablo 3 for free when it comes out next month, but idk anything about the game, so idk if we'll like it or not.
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm a big time WoW player, but I also really like AION.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'd go for LOTRO, but then I've been playing it for years (5). You can download and play for free and you will see the initial content (starter areas) in their entirety. There is nothing to stop you wandering around the whole place either... just you need to buy quest pack in later areas to make them more fun.

Guild Wars 2 is coming out soon though (middle of the year).

I played a lot of other games including WoW, DAoC, SWTOR, Conan etc and I keep coming back to Middle Earth. The gaming community there is on the whole pretty mature and the lore / storyline is really well done. Currently I'm working towards facing Saruman.

Had some really memorable moments with the game and the Hobbit starter area (Shire) is still really evocative.