Adding a secong workout while doing Insanity

Options
gtwin
gtwin Posts: 290 Member
Since I'm only burning between 300-400 calories per session, exept for Cardio Recovery...I only burn 140, I was wondering if I should throw some running in also to up my calorie burn for the day. Does anyone else do a second workout on top on Insanity? I'm taking a break from lifting until I finish these 60 days, I got burned out on it since I was lifting pretty heavy and wasn't doing cardio.

Replies

• mbielak
    mbielak Posts: 47
    Options
    I love doing a second workout! It has helped lose those extra lbs. or helped me get over a plateau. I have bad knees so running is hard but I've been walking 12 -16 miles a day since January. Last year I did Insanity with P90X twice, it was killer but a lot of fun to see how far I could push myself. Go for it!!!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i probably wouldn't do a second workout unless it is something like walking or weightlifting. wouldn't want to do more cardio, anyway unless it's low impact. but that's just me. i am pretty worn out after insanity personally.
  • tsaustin
    tsaustin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I don't work I will add an extra workout. I will do one in the morning and Insanity in the afternoon. My second workout is usually walking or Zumba.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I run too, I was running before Insanity and I just can't give it up...its like my de-stress therapy! I do have to say that since I started I feel more power when I run and my timing is better! :) I think it really depends on the person! :)
  • gtwin
    Options
    I think I might go ahead and throw in running on the Cardio Recovery and rest days. Maybe running 2x a week for the first month won't be too much....looks like month 2 is more intense and the workouts are longer.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've started to go to some spinning classes but mostly because I love t. I don't hihnk you NEED an additinoal workout but if you feel you can do it and still do your next insanity workout then go for it!
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I have always done a extra workout. Month 1 I would go for a 2 mile jog/walk up hill. And now I do a boot camp workout 3x a week and go for a 2 mile jog.( I can jog the whole 2 miles now). I do it for the extra calorie burn and to help reach my goals. My weight is stubborn partly because I wasnt eating right in the beginning. Im finally losing because Im eating better. Im not wore out either, My burn goal is 3500 I usually get 4300 a week, by tuesday Im at 1500
  • gtwin
    Options
    I run too, I was running before Insanity and I just can't give it up...its like my de-stress therapy! I do have to say that since I started I feel more power when I run and my timing is better! :) I think it really depends on the person! :)

That's great! I'm curious to see if my running time will be better since my endurance seems to have improved after only a week and a a half on Insanity.