What do you enter 30DS as?

Options
kasafrass
kasafrass Posts: 50 Member
Hi there! I know a lot of us are doing 30 Day Shred, so I'm just wondering what most of you enter it as when logging your exercise.

Replies

• shonovo
    shonovo Posts: 104
    Options
    circuit training general, 27 minutes
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I really suggest that you invest in a Heart Rate Monitor. I was logging it as Circuit Training too but when I got my HRM I was actually burning double what MFP said I was. It has been an eye opener for me!
  • jenelizmin
    jenelizmin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I created my own exercise and labled it as 30DS and used the Jillian Website to figure the calories. With the video you get a 30 day free trial with the website. I'm just going to create several of the exercises this way (before my free trial is up). I don't forsee me buying a HRM so I figured this is as accurate as I'll get.
  • kasafrass
    kasafrass Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'd really love to buy a HRM, but as a college student, can't really afford it! haha. Where did you go on the JM website to start your 30 day trial? I bought 30DS but never used it!
  • masumaj
    masumaj Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    first go to your exercise tab and go to the database and type in circuit training, general. To the right you will see your weight automatically in there. Type in 30 mins, how many calories burned does it say? minewas 252.

Now under the Exercise tab there is another option of "My Exercises", then in green you will see "Create Exercise", click "create excersise". Now give it a name, i.e 30 Day Shred, 30DS, etc. The exercise type you will leave at Cardiovascular, how long will be 30 minutes, calories burned will be 252 (enter the amount you were given from the database), then hit add exercise. Then when you will find it when you enter your exercise diary under cardiovascular and add it should show up under most frequently used.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    No 5 people have it the same. I wish it was in the database. I've got it under 30 Day Shred - 20 minutes - 220 calories :frown:
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and log it each time as a personal exercise. My calories are different every session - I must be working harder some days than others!
  • Jjsugar2001
    Jjsugar2001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I logged it as 190 cals for level 1 after I googled it. I really need to get a HRM because that's totally unreliable!
  • sarammorgan
    Options
    I'd really love to buy a HRM, but as a college student, can't really afford it! haha. Where did you go on the JM website to start your 30 day trial? I bought 30DS but never used it!
    [/quote

Check out Amazon. I am on a fixed budget also, and I found mine - with chest strap - for around $27. It works well, too.
  • jenelizmin
    jenelizmin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Check out Amazon. I am on a fixed budget also, and I found mine - with chest strap - for around $27. It works well, too.

when you type into the address bar it is www.jillianmichaels.com/free you still have to enter credit card info, so if you don't cancel in time you get charged. Once you're signed up you go to the journal and add exercise. She has all of the videos listed. for me the 30 day shred video - level 1 for 20minutes = 143 I figured it's close enough.