*sigh* Gotta love a small town...

Options
So this young lady that I've been messaging with back and forth for a few days on POF.com told me today that she knows where she recognized me from. I went out with her friend a few times. Her friend unfortunately painted me in a horrible light, and now this girl wants nothing to do with me. Her friend told her that I pressured her into sex, which in all honesty she had me come over to her house at approx. 10pm and offered for me to spend the night, we actually never did the act, we did other things, but she was just as much an aggressor as I was. Also, she told her friend I fell off the face of the planet, which isn't true, this 30+ yr old woman, who lives at home with her mother told me she wouldn't be able to pay her internet/phone bill and would be incommunicado for a while, so I told her to message me when she was able to. Yet, I'm the one who fell off the face of the planet.

This is why I hate Jacksonville, it's HUGE landwise, but it's the same cliques of people running in all the same circles... I was actually legitimately interested in this second girl.

Replies

• HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    TMI, Jax.... Lol
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    That sucks, dude. :(

Don't push the creepy button, but I would send her an email stating that she's missing out and good luck wtih life, or something of that nature. That other girl sounds like a winner though, too bad she got away. :P

JK :flowerforyou:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    That is why I moved and accepted an hour long commute. To open up my dating pool.

I'd send her one last message saying I understand but that it's a shame she didn't meet you and judge for herself. Then move on.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Jax, I know this was completely coincidental for you, but this is reason #1 why you do not date people your friends have dated or friends of people you used to date. There is almost always bitterness and jealousy, and let me tell you this: women are rarely content to just let things go. When a woman feels she has been wronged by you (even if she wasn't and she has merely convinced herself that she was), she is probably going to try to ruin your life.

Were I a more vengeful person, I could've done this to the last guy I dated because we were set up by a woman who could singlehandedly ruin his career (and probably would have if I told her what he did). But I took the high road. It's a shame these other women couldn't show you the same courtesy. People suck.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I couldn't help but laugh when you said Jacksonville when the title stated small town. I thought you were going to say a town of like 5000 people or so. I live in a town of 16,000 and don't consider it small (mainly because it's one of the largest two in the area)

But that situation sucks. The same reasons have me paranoid about dating anyone with a mutual friend. Should it go wrong I really don't care if anyone talks trash about me, but I do get annoyed when people talk trash about me to my friends because that is just uneeded drama that probably needs to be taken care of.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    That is too bad, I feel you on small towns. I feel like everyone I know hooks up with each other and it's so awkward sometimes! I would take the others' advice and send a message back saying that you don't think how her friend described things were accurate, but you understand and wish her luck.

Take the high road - you will never regret it.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    That is too bad, I feel you on small towns. I feel like everyone I know hooks up with each other and it's so awkward sometimes! I would take the others' advice and send a message back saying that you don't think how her friend described things were accurate, but you understand and wish her luck.

Take the high road - you will never regret it.

I completely agree with this. And I also agree with jq - people suck. You'll find another girl....good luck!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    which in all honesty she had me come over to her house at approx. 10pm and offered for me to spend the night, we actually never did the act, we did other things, but she was just as much an aggressor as I was. Also, she told her friend I fell off the face of the planet, which isn't true, this 30+ yr old woman, who lives at home with her mother told me she wouldn't be able to pay her internet/phone bill and would be incommunicado for a while, so I told her to message me when she was able to. Yet, I'm the one who fell off the face of the planet.

This ^^is what you should have replied to the POF girl!! If I feel I've been wronged, or the situations misunderstood, then I would at least, try and explain it. The girl may not beleive you, thats up to her, but I would not just accept her slander and move on.

There are always 2 sides to every story, and most adults should know that :flowerforyou:
  • saralynn594
    saralynn594 Posts: 321
    Options
    1 of the many reasons I only keep 1 close girlfriend.Girls suck! I'm sorry :(
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    So I got a response from the friend of the girl who I was interested in. She stated that she is fiercely loyal to her friends, that I stopped talking to her friend because of lack of sex (it was because her friend was a bit of a B, but whatever), and that my attempt to explain myself to get to know her was a "ruse" to get her out in public.

Yeah, I sent her another message that said, "Too bad you are letting your friend dictate who you get to know based on her biased stories. Remember, there are 3 sides to every story, her side, my side, and the truth. Good luck with your search."

Done dealing with that one. I do think I'll get another message though because she seems to be the type who needs to get the last word.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is all I can say. Just wow.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    NEXT! lol ..
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    So just for the closure in all this. I sent the young lady the message basically telling her about the three sides of the story, how her friend probably didn't disclose everything...

And in turn she blasts me back with a GIANT e-mail about how horrible I am as a person, how her friends new boyfriend is better than I am in "every" way (explicit detail about all sorts of wonderful things), how her friend (because she has a masters in social services or something) is better than I am about understanding people when she didn't even understand herself, and just all sorts of wonderful crap about how I'm a horrible person.

So I respond with verbatim "Classy. Good luck with your search."

Then she sends me a final message where she continues to tell me why I'm being passed over in the dating world, and how I should be singing her praises for her taking the time to tell me how horrible I am as a person, and then tells me she's blocking me.

I'm am SOOOOOO glad I dated her friend first. Glad I knocked two out of the dating pool, I just wish I had dynamite to do it with. lol
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Well that's a huge bullet dodged.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow Jax, you certainly are picking them lately! I think you dodged a bullet too!!

I'm hoping the next woman is sane for you :flowerforyou: