I'm back

Options
Thanks to those of you who sent me messages of encouragement while I was away. We derailed on our diet majorly and ended up binge fast food eating. =\

This seems to be a cycle with us. So for the last 2 years we have rotated out between starving ourselves on a diet of chicken breasts and running through the drive thru for a burger.

So I made a decision, I am going back to what I love. Cooking. Like a normal person. I enjoy food too much to be miserable for so long with no results because of my lack of will power. I'm going to go about this the same way my sister did last year when she lost 70 pounds.

I'm gonna eat what I want and work my tail off at the gym!

Replies

• steph2606
    steph2606 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great to have you back Laurie!! :flowerforyou:

xxxx
  • jennyjennbug
    Options
    welcome back
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Just because you're trying to eat healthy doesn't mean you can't cook great foods. Enjoy food, but don't regret it.
  • lauriemeridith83
    lauriemeridith83 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Last night was probably the most responsibly I've ever eaten out.

We went to Cheddar's and got chips and salsa as an appetizer.

Then I ordered a cheeseburger, without any sides, cut it in half and put it straight into a to-go box before I started eating to give to my sister after she got out of class.

I was prouder of myself last night than I have been any day that I was eating chicken breasts and broccoli all day..lol.
  • steph2606
    steph2606 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ...and that's what it's all about!

Eating everything in moderation and sensibly and making a lifestyle change!

Well done!

We're all behind you :)

xxxx
  • FHerndon01
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm glad everything is okay. It's one step at a time.. just keep at it!