FINDING TIME FOR YOURSELF

Options
How do the mothers find time to dedicate for themselves and not get discouraged with their weight loss goals>

Replies

• mkenyon78
    Options
    I am still trying to figure this out. Between work, and taking care of kids and the house and making sure the husband is where he needs to be, I don't know how to make myself a priority.
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    When my daughter naps (like right now) I just kind of take a breath, I do my yoga, or pilates, or whatever it is that day, take a shower, and just CHILL. I come here, read through forums, and relax. I don't stress it. I have a long way to go, and I've given myself 6 months to get there. I'm not in any hurry. I put 20 pounds on in a year. I can take 49 off in 6 months.
  • meagangoss
    Options
    huuh! my sentiments exacly!!! glad to see im not the only one going through this.
  • meagangoss
    Options
    i agree i need to take my time and not feel so rushed as long as i am determined to do so.
  • law2getfit
    law2getfit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5 am and go on my morning walk or run. While everyone is asleep so my husband is home to watch them (lol he is asleep too). So for me this is the time I have to go, I hate it sometimes but as the day goes on I get lazy and dont want to do my workout. lol. I start running errand, oh and I have a 4 yr old so he keeps me busy too. Then when I drop my other kids off I do p90x. My son tries to do it with me and my husband. lol. But early in the morning is what I have to do because after running errands, cleaning, picking kids up from school then all of the practice I dont have time. lol. Awe the life of a mommy.
  • meagangoss
    Options
    I wake up at 5 am and go on my morning walk or run. While everyone is asleep so my husband is home to watch them (lol he is asleep too). So for me this is the time I have to go, I hate it sometimes but as the day goes on I get lazy and dont want to do my workout. lol. I start running errand, oh and I have a 4 yr old so he keeps me busy too. Then when I drop my other kids off I do p90x. My son tries to do it with me and my husband. lol. But early in the morning is what I have to do because after running errands, cleaning, picking kids up from school then all of the practice I dont have time. lol. Awe the life of a mommy.

I thought of getting out early so that im able to have this time to myself. The only problem I've been having with this is my 3mth old has crazy sleeping hours. At about 5 he wakes up for a bottle. Really, every 2 -3 hours during the night for feeding. so after i feed him at 5 i try to hurry up and sleep (if that makes any since) before its time for us to all get up at 6. Oh the life of motherhood. But I think I am going to try to at least get a walk or workout in in the mornings.
  • momtojoseph
    momtojoseph Posts: 23
    Options
    I get up with my oldest son and get him on the bus which causes my middle child to wake up. Sometimes I get lucky and he stays asleep but while he is eating my youngest normally wakes up so my morning is super busy and I cannot seem to find time to do any kind of exercise. Nap time does not seem to work in my favor either.