Fitbit

debabebai
debabebai Posts: 13 Member
Does anyone use or know of anyone that uses a fitbit? I got one, set it up late this afternoon and spent 30 minutes walking/running on my glider. I was amazed at how many steps/calories that it reported. My reason for asking if anyone uses this device is because I have it linked to MFP and I am wondering what if anything I need to do for fitbit to post my steps to MFP.

Replies

• Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    One of my MFP friends has one and loves it. Her name is Heartflood. I'm sure you could find her if you do a search of the members. I'll also tell her about your question.

I'm curious about this device myself. Let me know how it works out for you.
  • debabebai
    Thanks I'll look her up and I'll keep you posted.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    bump
  • debabebai
    I have really been enjoying my fitbit and I love how it records all of my movements. However, it is currently not uploading data. I contacted their techsupport last week and this morning they got back with me to say they didn't know why it wasn't reporting my stairs climbed. Keeping that ticket open I added that as of yesterday afternoon it is no longer uploading any data. I've done all of the fixes posted online for them with no luck. I'm really bummed about this. I loved the way it auto reported to MFP and now it doesn't even report back to fitbit. The tracker continues to record accurately locally I just can't take advantage of sync with MFP. I also posted on their forum, hoping I'll get it resolved soon.
  • debabebai
    Fitbit is going to replace my tracker. I'm looking forward to receiving the replacement, I was amazed how much I was depending on it to track my activities in such a short time of ownership. I am hoping that my problem is not wide spread. I will continue to post my experiences here in the event anyone is interested.
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    You've convinced me to buy one as soon as I can afford it. Please do keep us posted on how you're doing with it.
  • debabebai
    It was expensive but I can totally see me using it for life or until it needs replacing :-) It is on the spot motivation to move regardless of how I choose to move. I see a definate pattern to my daily activities and am able to make the adjustments I need in order to stay within my daily caloric goals. I noticed that when I played golf that only my steps and elevation changes were recorded and I had to manually enter that I rode in a cart and how long I played in order for MFP to reflect calories earned. But that's not a deal breaker Now that I know, I'll be more aware of what is just steps and what is activity that includes walking as a part of the whole. Also, strenght training is not reported by the fitbit. I'm still not sure how it or if it is reflected on MFP. I enter it manually on fitbit.com and can see progress in the reports area. I even smile when the message says "get moving Deb-Deb", because I know for the time of day I am not on target for my daily goal. But the best message is "High-five" when I have had a great workout.