GoT Ep.4 PREDICTION ((MAJ. SPOILER))

Options
DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
!!!THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE PEOPLE THAT HAVE READ 'A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE' OR 'GAME OF THRONES' BOOKS!!!!!

MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD FOR 'GAME OF THRONES' --- DON'T READ ANY FARTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ 'A CLASH OF KINGS'

The following is to discuss what might be happening on Game of Thrones, Season 2, Ep.#4. It should only be read by those that have read the books or don't care about SPOILERS.

IF YOU'RE STILL READING THEN YOU HAVE NO REASON TO COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING SPOILED BY THE FOLLOWING INFOMATION.

Last chance!

OK, Let's get started:

Is this going to be the episode where the shadow kills Renly or will they try to draw it out longer. I have a feeling that this is the episode where it is going to end with his death as the cliff hanger.

Agree/Disagree/Thoughts?

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    agree....They are moving fast, I had not expected to see Lorch or Harrenhall so soon.
  • DanOhh
    Options
    I still remember when I read it the first time. I had to read it three times. Thinking to myself, "Holy! What the... shadow... what?! Damn you GRRM, you got me again!"
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    WTH? Renly is going to die?!?!

Haha, just kidding. Love your massive spoiler alert warning. =) I've never read the books, just watching the shows, but I don't mind spoilers. Are the books pretty close in story line to the show so I can quickly pass up where the show is and enjoy the books (which are generally much better)? Sorry to hijack ... feel free to ignore. =)
  • doorki
    Options
    WTH? Renly is going to die?!?!

Haha, just kidding. Love your massive spoiler alert warning. =) I've never read the books, just watching the shows, but I don't mind spoilers. Are the books pretty close in story line to the show so I can quickly pass up where the show is and enjoy the books (which are generally much better)? Sorry to hijack ... feel free to ignore. =)

They are pretty much the same except the show cuts out certain scenes....books are great but I would recommend starting from the beginning.
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think they may drag it out longer. Or maybe I just want to see how much Renly/Loras they can fit in... or to see if it gets warped enough to be Renly/Loras/Margaery. I'm a twisted person and should be ashamed.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I think there maybe Shadow Babies this week, and the death will be the following week.
    Glad they're getting through it a bit more evenly I have to say (Cat can get to Renly quickly but it took Arya chapters and chapters to move anywhere!!)
  • krakensdaughter
    Options
    Fairly certain they are going to kill Renly off in tonight's episode as well. Breaks my heart. Renly/Marg/Loras were a definite highlight of last week's episode. I expect to cry even more than I did when Viserys died.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Fairly certain they are going to kill Renly off in tonight's episode as well. Breaks my heart. Renly/Marg/Loras were a definite highlight of last week's episode. I expect to cry even more than I did when Viserys died.

You cried when Viserys died?! I remember reading it, thinking KILL HIM, ALREADY! I'm a cold-hearted customer, though.

I just wish they'd get the khalasar out of the desert, already. Again, why no real mention of the Trident battle/Lyanna? I need that to happen so that they can prove my theory of Jon's real heritage eventually. :wink:
  • krakensdaughter
    Options
    In the book I didn't really care that Viserys died. But in the show I was weeping so hard. I blame Harry Lloyd entirely for that. He was just so misunderstood and needed a hug desperately. And I REALLY hope we get more backstory about Rhaegar and Lyanna! They are two of my favorite characters and I'm definitely on board with the Jon Snow theory.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I feel that way about Theon on the show. I feel so much more empathy for him than I did in the books.
  • doorki
    Options
    I had absolutely no mercy for Viserys. He was just clueless and arrogant. Much more fleshed out in the book but that is the nature of the medium.

Theon is played extremely well, especially this season.
  • krakensdaughter
    Options
    I feel that way about Theon on the show. I feel so much more empathy for him than I did in the books.

Same though Theon is one of my favorite characters in the books too. Alfie does a remarkable job playing Theon and I feel he gets more time in the show than he did in the books. I also love how the show plays up him and Robb's relationship.
  • DanOhh
    Options
    It looks like my prediction was off, but at least we know that the sh!+ is going to hit the fan next week. Also, it looks like they're taking out the whole Edric Storm story arc.
  • krakensdaughter
    Options
    It looks like my prediction was off, but at least we know that the sh!+ is going to hit the fan next week. Also, it looks like they're taking out the whole Edric Storm story arc.

Renly lives another week! As the time got shorter on the episode I was hoping they were pushing the death back. I'd rather that not be rushed. Edric has never even been mentioned and they cut out Shireen Baratheon too. :(
  • doorki
    Options
    I'm starting to think we are going to end the season with the Red Wedding.
  • Banannafish512
    Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

The last episode of the season is entitled "Valar Morghulis," which makes it entirely possible. I don't remember the timing between the Battle of Blackwater and the Red Wedding...isn't there quite a gap between them? Although it's possible that the show wants to speed things along.

It will definitely bring people back for the 3rd season.
  • doorki
    Options

The last episode of the season is entitled "Valar Morghulis," which makes it entirely possible. I don't remember the timing between the Battle of Blackwater and the Red Wedding...isn't there quite a gap between them? Although it's possible that the show wants to speed things along.

It will definitely bring people back for the 3rd season.

He has victories in the west which is why Tywin leaves Harenhall to meet him. I have a feeling that since they are already showing Robb's interest in Westerling coupled with Brianne and Catlyn already heading back up North, they will be moving things quickly. It depends on when they do Blackwater. If it is in the finale, they can't do the Red Wedding at the same time because they need to get the Hound to flee Blackwater and end up with Arya.

Who knows? lol