Acrobatic Moms

Options
Hello fellow Moms,

I am a wife and a mother of 5 girls and most times I live as if I'm running a circus. If I'm not juggling 5 different schedules from Cello lessons to book clubs to having lunch with this child, then working out of the home, to making sure I spend time with my husband. Then the real work begins when I get home then it dinner, and homework, and 100's of loads of laundry. Sounds like one of your typical days as well I bet. Even though I love the many personalities and joys of my life, it at many times becomes overwhelming and just finding a quiet moment to myself seems like a life's quest. I think that this group will do amazing things and offer wonderful support to ones like me. So I say hello and look forward the the interchange of encouragement.

Replies

• thomo71
    thomo71 Posts: 21
    Options
    Oh wow, total respect to you, I have one child and that's hard enough, I am 41 though and it's hard being a new older mom. Your day sounds crazy, how do you find the time to breath? Can I just suggest one, two five minutes of yoga and deep breathing once a day for you? Or does that just sound reeeaaallly patronizing? That quiet moment for ourselves is sooo important. I've rediscovered yoga recently and a few deep breaths of oxygen is so much better than a chocolate bar. I forgot, I forgot to breath. Sometimes we just need to stop and smell the roses. Sorry do I sound crazy? Must be the oxygen ha ha ha. Anyway good luck on your quest for the peace and silence...
    SarahX
  • fabulouslysweet
    fabulouslysweet Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OMG why am I just going back to this post and it's simply awesome and very much needed.. I have recently about a month ago on a path to rediscovering who I was outside of being a mom. What I was actually like and the yoga idea really stuck out. I think I will look into that today and see if I can find one close to my home. I found some online yoga sites but my home is not relaxing to me so I think I need to get outside of the home to relax or I might take the time to redo my home so that I can have my mommy space.... ohhhhh MOMMY SPACE. That sounds sooooo good . If you haven't already picked up I think outloud a lot as I type, speak, whatever lol. Thanks so much for the suggestion... and Congrats on the baby