How far are you and how are ya feeling? Rest days?

Options
MsNewBooty83
MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
Hey guys! Just wondering how everyones doing, how far into the program you are and if you're all taking the rest days???
I'm on day 8, i actually messed up the calander a wee bit and accidently did cardio abs on day 6 when i should have done plyo cardio circuit....so i was feeling pretty strong still and went ahead and did it on my 'rest day' instead. I figure if i'm feeling good i should just keep on truck'n. I work out pretty hard on my own, usually 5 days/week for 1-2 hrs/day. I've been doing Insanity on top of my regualr work out routine. NOW, that being said, I am no expert and far from a fitness guru....im wondering if I'm feeling good, is that all ok?? anyone else skipping the rest days? Should i be worried about burning out??

Replies

• secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hey there just completed day 4 today and onto day 5 tomorrow cant wait.. Um, before I actually got the whole Insanity dvd set. I was doin it on youtube for like a wk then youtube took it down due to copy right issues.. but when I did it then I was doin it doubles on some days. So im no expert either but I say if u feel up to it I dont see the harm in doin it that way.. This time around Im just gonna do the one per day and then for my 2nd workout in the evening prob just like a bike ride or ab dance routines or sumthing.. Insanity is amazing tho isnt it!?!
    keep up the good work and im sure in no time will both be seeing some results!
    :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 5 (finished the workout :) ). I'm supposed to be on day 4, but I doubled up day 3 and 4 yesterday to make it so that Sunday is a full day of rest. I've been feeling fantastic, but I knew it was only a matter of time until I broke down if I was going hard everyday - I also lift heavy 4 days a week and do some other cardio 2 days a week.

Definitely listen to your body - and I would take the rest day every week.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I just completed Week 4, day 2. I gotta tell ya, I'm getting pretty bored with this first round of vids. I'm looking forward to next month.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i am on day 24 today bc i started on april 1st. so this is week 4 for me. next week is my recovery week so that shoudl be interesting. looking forward to month 2
  • Nserrano03
    Options
    I am on week 5 day 3....feeling pretty sore. I haven't felt this way since week 1:smile:
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    that's interesting that you all say you are feeling sore during the core cardio and balance week... is there something in particular that you think really affects your muscles that week?
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping I get sore during recovery week like some of you....I haven't been sore since I started Insanity, which was kind of a bummer. I know soreness is a good way to judge a good workout....but I just love the feeling. :-)