Compliments! :)

Options
STurbs33
STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
I had to share this because today's workout just brightened my day. I was having a frustrating session today. I hadn't been keeping up with my workouts as regularly as usual this week because it's exam season and I've been busy studying. But today I was determined to go. I don't know if it was the lack of sleep from the past two nights, but my squats sucked. It was my third workout at 90lbs and I thought I'd be able to get through it, but my body was not having it today. My form was off on the last reps of each of my sets and I failed at 4 for two of my sets. Frustrated, I deloaded slightly to 80 on my last set and decided I'd have deload for my next workout and focus on form.

Then, while I was resting between OHP sets, a guy came over. He told me he was impressed with the lifts I was doing and he was watching my squats and said they looked pretty good, especially compared to the crappy squatting he sees at the gym all the time. We chatted a bit about my workout and he said I was doing all the right lifts to get stronger by focusing on compounds and all that. I already knew the last part but it was nice to get a compliment not only for the program I was following but also for my squat form, especially since I was having such an awful time with them today. Then he checked my deadlift form, gave me a few tips (which I was super grateful for because I'm not always sure I'm doing them right) and we went our separate ways. I was in such a better mood after that.

Now that I reread that, I kind of make him sound like a creeper, which I do not believe he was at all (unless I'm super naive lol). He was probably twenty years older than me and was working out with his son/nephew on the machines next to me so he didn't just pop up out of nowhere. I saw him watching one of my squat sets and he told me he rarely sees girls doing squats so he was interested to see what I could do. Anyway, I was just so happy to get a compliment and I thought that the girls in this groups could appreciate it the most. :)

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    that is awesome - I don't think he was being a creeper at all! Totally great - the only comments we get are people asking us what the hell we are doing (we have some weird little racking/unracking routines because my husband is 6'2" and I'm 5'6") or giving us weird tips (like one time a guy told me that rather than doing my 80lb bench I shoudl try just benching the empty bar 100 times)