Rest day?

rchambers2072
rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
Is anybody taking a rest day? I am thinking about it, but feel guilty ... I have also been going to the gym though. So maybe a rest day from that, but still see JM this evening?

Replies

• embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    I take the weekends off. I was doing everyday and not losing weight, then I got pissed one day and decided not to do it for the weekend and when I weighed myself that Sunday night I had lost 2 pounds...

So now I do 5 on, 2 off. It also makes me eat high calories for 5 then low calories for 2 which I believe keeps your body guessing and helps a bit with weight loss. Might just be all in my mind, but I don't mind! :-)
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Yes, your body needs a rest so it can repair. When you do exercises you are basically stressing the muscle and the muscle has to repair itself by getting stronger. Rest days are a must! Today is mine, it is always hard for me to be motivated on Fridays!

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sampleworkouts/a/RestandRecovery.htm
  • Jjsugar2001
    Jjsugar2001 Posts: 75 Member
    I took my rest day yesterday, I think I'm going to try to just stck to one a week though to make it still feel like a challenge. Do whatever suits your body, if you try and exercise through injuries just for the sake of it, you might do some damage.
  • I took a rest day yesterday :)
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Yes, a rest day is essential for the muscles to repair themselves! I'm doing Monday-Friday, and possibly Saturday...but taking Sunday off. With the exception of next weekend where I won't be home Saturday to bust my butt, so I'll just rearrange a little. :smile:
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    This is the first time I've taken scheduled rest days. Usually, I take a day off if I'm sick or hungover. :)

I just started this JM program, and there was a scheduled rest day just two days after it started, on Day 3. I decided to do Level 1 of 30DS, because I didn't want to take a day off. Boy, I almost died that day! I was hurting so badly! The program is pretty aggressive, so you really need that rest day. As the others stated, your body needs some time to recuperate.

Right now, I have two rest days back to back. Judging from what is in store for me next week, I'm going to need it!