What Does Your Favorite NFL Team Need Next Week

Options
PHS7
PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
Hey all. Since this is a new group, I thought I'd make an easy topic to start things off. Next week is the NFL Draft. What do you think is your favorite team's most pressing need to address?

Having been born & raised in Pittsburgh, I bleed black and gold. If the Steelers don't draft a left tackle that can move into the starting lineup right away, Ben's going to get killed. O-line, except for Pouncy, is weak, weak, weak. Hell, they should take o-linemen with their first two picks, then look at a nose takle & a running back. Don't forget Mendenhall tore his ACL at the end of the season.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    A great WR. We have Moss now, but who knows how long that will last.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    A great WR. We have Moss now, but who knows how long that will last.

Yea I know. I was surprised you guys got Moss as self-destructive he is.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Skins need offensive line and secondary. That is, of course, assuming that they don't do something completely self destructive, like not draft RG3.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Since this is a new group, I thought I'd make an easy topic to start things off. Next week is the NFL Draft. What do you think is your favorite team's most pressing need to address?

Having been born & raised in Pittsburgh, I bleed black and gold. If the Steelers don't draft a left tackle that can move into the starting lineup right away, Ben's going to get killed. O-line, except for Pouncy, is weak, weak, weak. Hell, they should take o-linemen with their first two picks, then look at a nose takle & a running back. Don't forget Mendenhall tore his ACL at the end of the season.

this plus a replacement for Ward.

LET GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!!!!! Lets make this the year for number 7
  • PHS7
    Options

I'm not as concerned about replacing Ward since he was 4th or 5th at the end of the season. Cotchery is a good replacement as a number 4. Any receiver who is 5 will be playing on special teams (something Hines didn't do) so the top 4 won't be getting killed during kicks.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Lions need to shore up their secondary, and strengthen the O line.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options

I'm not as concerned about replacing Ward since he was 4th or 5th at the end of the season. Cotchery is a good replacement as a number 4. Any receiver who is 5 will be playing on special teams (something Hines didn't do) so the top 4 won't be getting killed during kicks.

True but Ward was such a persona on and off the field. Like the Bus. You would see Ward talking to the guys and keeping people up. Sorry maybe I'm just a fan of the Bus and Ward but I think they as people will be hard to replace (my thoughts the Bus never has been). You can find players to do a job. But someone to be a team player and be there on and off the field when on the side lines. Thats what I meant. I will be honest I'm new to football. Joined this for my hubby to have some place to vent and talk football. I'm still learning the game myself. But only team I ever liked was Pgh. Even when didn't live in PA. Not sure why but always they were the team I'd watch. Guess good thing since moved to the area and married a Die Hard Steelers Man. So for you guys on here. Sorry if the "little wife" sometimes seems lost. But hey at least I am willing to learn and watch with my man. Not like my girlfriend who head to the mall and spend money. And we don't live in PA anymore so I'm all he has to watch it with.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Bears: LT, WR, DE. I think we'll go DE in the first round.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Sean Peyton back :'(
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    we need rex ryan not to guarantee anything.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    2 days until Draft. Excited as hell. =)
  • PHS7
    Options
    2 days until Draft. Excited as hell. =)

Me too!! But I miss the one day draft. Dragging it over three days will make for excruciating over-analytical bull****!
  • SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Fuel! They seem to get lethargic as soon as they win game after game. Yesterday against the 49'rs they just barely got that win. Seahawks!! Just do it!!!
  • SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! On to beat Atlanta next Saturday! Boom!!!!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Everything.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png