Checking in about guilt.....

Options
Amazingday
Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
I find that when my husband who is ill doesn't feel well, it's really hard to be motivated. It is almost like by working out I am rubbing it in his face that he can't, when he really wants too. Now, I know he wants me healthy so I will be here for a long time for our children. But as he has gotten sicker I became heavier and heavier, not doing as much so he wouldn't over do.... anybody else feel that way?

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Don't feel guilty! You have to be healthy/strong for your husband. You are not doing it for you alone, it's for both of you and you need to be able to work off stress. <hugs>
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty too. But I am slowly starting to deal with it. Life is all about balance. And I am beginning to realize that. Try to put yourself in your husband's shoes. If you were him, would you feel differently than you do now? Wouldn't you want your spouse to take the time to care for themself. I have found that once the shock wears off, you can't help but strive for some normalcy. And always remember that in order to take care of him, you need to take care of yourself first.