First date

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
So this guy I met on match seems pretty decent. Our conversations have been easy and fun. We seem to have a lot in common. I was really looking forward to our first date. And then it hit me. This is the first date I have been on in years. First date since I met my ex husband. I was a dating pro when I met him. Now I feel all weird and nervous. I don't get nervous.
I hope that once I put on those heels and makeup that the old , overly confident, totally relaxed me will resurface. I hate this.

Replies

• takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    Haha ... I know how you feel. Good luck! Just wear your favorite shoes and whatever makes you feel great!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yep, and don't forget the good ol' shot of vodka (and spray some mint in your mouth afterwards).
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Awww good luck honey :flowerforyou: Hope there are fireworks!! :love:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    aww good luck honey.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Good luck.!!
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Yay!

First dates are scary. lol. Have fun!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Don't make too much of it. Remember, most of these online first dates are "one & dones". If you like the guy and he likes you, you'll see other again. Just have fun together and good things should happen.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yay! Have fun...

First dates come with a lot of nerves and fears but once you get in there and conversation is flowing, they can be fun!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Have fun! First date since your ex... what a hurdle to cross. It's like riding a bike, you'll get back into it.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You've got this, no worries!
    And the nerves won't go away until everyone is settled, but that's not a bad thing :wink:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Have fun!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just try to relax and have fun. Definitely keep us posted though!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Good luck - I can not wait to hear the juicy details!!! You can do this :bigsmile:
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Now that we are all excited and rooting for you, we are going to expect some sort of after action report post date!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I will definitely update with the details as this proceeds.
    Now I have an excuse to keep my $800 shoes. I sure hope he thinks frivolous spending is 'charming' lol.