Fit test & Max workout together?

Options
MaryinBflo
MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
For those that have already been doing Month 2 or have done it before did you do the fit text and max workout on the same day? At least for me it will be a Sunday but I know the last round of insanity I did the fit test on my rest day because I was doiing this on a Mon and didn;t have the time. Now this time I am only worried if I can handle both in one day!?

Replies

• mbielak
    mbielak Posts: 47
    Options
    The first 3 times I did it on the same day. Ow! I probably wil not this time, between work & the regular work outs I don't think it will be productive for me.
  • erinsnyder357
    Options
    I planned on doing the fit test on my day off and then the max workout as scheduled. I want to be able to give both the attention they deserve.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i am actually not planning on doing another fit test until the end. i'm sure it will keep improving but i don't really see the need to keep doing it so much. i will just do the workouts in month 2 and see where i am at. doesn't really seem like it's necessary to throw another workout in there unless you just really want to know where you're at with things. i see no need to do 90 minutes of workout some days just to see a minor improvement on the fit test. sorry, that's just how i feel about it... i know it sounds like a bad attitude, but those month 2 workouts are long enough without the fit test. oh and i need my rest day to be a true rest day so i'm not doing it then either. :)
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i am actually not planning on doing another fit test until the end. i'm sure it will keep improving but i don't really see the need to keep doing it so much. i will just do the workouts in month 2 and see where i am at. doesn't really seem like it's necessary to throw another workout in there unless you just really want to know where you're at with things. i see no need to do 90 minutes of workout some days just to see a minor improvement on the fit test. sorry, that's just how i feel about it... i know it sounds like a bad attitude, but those month 2 workouts are long enough without the fit test. oh and i need my rest day to be a true rest day so i'm not doing it then either. :)

I'm almost with you on that one but I do want to see my progress and I also have a hard time straying from the schedule. I'm anal like that! lol. But I do agree I need my rest day to be a true rest day. I might do it the last day of the recovery week before my rest day...hmmm.
    I think the max workouts are enough by themself for sure though! Oh what to do....
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

I'm almost with you on that one but I do want to see my progress and I also have a hard time straying from the schedule. I'm anal like that! lol. But I do agree I need my rest day to be a true rest day. I might do it the last day of the recovery week before my rest day...hmmm.
    I think the max workouts are enough by themself for sure though! Oh what to do....

i don't really see not doing the fit test as straying from the schedule. the fit test is more of a checkup to see if you're improving. chances are i am improving. the most improvements seems to be seen between day 1 and 15. from what i have seen on everyone else's results it still improves but not as much toward the end. i'd rather just do it on day 60 and see a huge improvement. plus, i'm not crazy about 90 minutes of workouts... but that's just me. if anyone wants to do it, i think that is great too! :)
  • mbielak
    Options
    Exactly right!!!! The Fit Test is just that, a test. It is used only to see your progress. It's neat to see how your doing so I suggest do it if you need the encouragment. This is my 6th time through Insanity, I know what I can do so I feel I don't need it. If I want to burn more calories I just do another workout. I actually like when I've doubled up in the past. Some of the best results I have had are when I did Insanity & P90X together!!!!
  • erinsnyder357
    Options
    Exactly right!!!! The Fit Test is just that, a test. It is used only to see your progress. It's neat to see how your doing so I suggest do it if you need the encouragment. This is my 6th time through Insanity, I know what I can do so I feel I don't need it. If I want to burn more calories I just do another workout. I actually like when I've doubled up in the past. Some of the best results I have had are when I did Insanity & P90X together!!!!

So question - since you have obv. done insanity several times - how long until you saw results the first time around? Do you see good results throughout the entire thing the second-??? time you completed it? I am struggling because I have been at this for 4 weeks and even though I am stronger my weight hasnt moved and my inches havent moved a lot (1 inch in waist and 1 inch in hips) and I KNOW it is a 60 day program and I am willing to work the entire 60 days but then what? Look forward to your reply.
  • mbielak
    Options
    I had good results but it was because of how badly I let myself go. I weighed 365 lbs & was eating about 6000 calories a day, bad food & lots of fat. So going on a restricted diet of 1600 calories a day along with Insanity had a lot to do with my initial success. The weight literaly fell off. Month 2 should make a difference that's where I've seen huge results!!! I have played with my diet for the last 2 years & that's as much a part of it as the workouts. I'm talking about the little things. I've done so much reading & tried so many things, I've learned a lot. For me, the Insanity diet they suggest doesn't work. That amount of carbs, especialy breads or pastas, make it so I don't lose much, it's my body type. Thing we think are good really are not. For instance wheat anything. While wheat is considered healthy I have found out that your body converts it to sugar in your blood. That is just one example of many.To have success I Have to only eat lean protiens, fruits & vegetables. When I do this I lose. Durring this round of Insanity I have been eating good but have included a lot of bread & pasta, I have hardly lost any weight (only 2 lbs). I am going back to what has worked & hope to show my results. I need to lose the weight I gained from my eye surgery recovery time. Everybody is different, don't be affraid to experiment a little & use what works for you.