My hoop arrived!

Options
hollyb9871
hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
I ordered a shiny new travel hoop from Hoopnotica (I had a great groupon deal for a hoop, carrying strap and 2 DVDs)! It arrived Saturday and I spent at least an hour hooping! Last night I watched one of the videos and am eager to give some of it a try today. It was very windy here yesterday so that doesn't lend itself to hooping.

Replies

• jengigs
    jengigs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How fun!! And how did I miss that Groupon! :(
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Friday from the same Groupon deal. Have you tried it yet?? I was wondering about the pain on my sides from where the hoop was hitting. I assume you just get used to that over time?? Anyone know for sure or how long it takes to get used to?
  • ttonks
    ttonks Posts: 9
    Options
    depends how often you hoop and how prone to bruising you are. I'm 2 months in and have new bruises every week.
  • morninglilli
    Options
    On the topic of hooping and bruising. Bruising when you are learning to hoop is very common, but be very careful if you are continuously bruising. Bruising can cause clotting, and can lead to dangerous situations. You may need to work on your technique and position of your hoop. The hoop should smoothly roll over your navel, or just below, when core hooping. If it is riding on your hip bones try to amp up the push to get the hoop to ride higher, or shimmy your knees to get it to ride on the top of your butt. If you are still bruising arnica cream is a life saver! While your bruises are healing try hooping on other parts of your body, like arms, hands, or legs.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have tried it! I hooped an hour the first day, the 2nd day it was really windy here so no hooping, yesterday I hooped about an hour and a half through out the day and ended up with bruises on my hips. I was working different areas and evidently over did the hip work! I am prone to bruising and always borderline anemic (I don't eat much red meat) so that plays into it as well. I plan on working waist in my natural way and in reverse and working arms until my hips recover! I love my hoop!
  • morninglilli
    Options
    That sounds like a good plan. And I would highly recommend the arnica cream especially if you are prone to bruises. It is wonderful!!!!!!