the other side of the fence

haleylehane
haleylehane Posts: 15 Member
hi everyone, my name is Haley, im 30 and i currently care for my husband who is in the process of being diagnosed with paranoid Schizophrenia and rapid-cycling bi-polar disorder. As hard as i know it is for my husband to deal with this, im looking for some sort of support network who understands how tough it is to be on the other side of the fence. please feel free to add me as a freind, which ever side of the fence your on. :smile:

Replies

• Soupskin
    Soupskin Posts: 74 Member
    I know how awesome and brave my wife is for putting up with me all these years. You must be rather awesome too to walk in those same shoes!

Hang in there. Meds can make your husband a whole new person just like mine did for me. It takes time to find the right combo, but it is worth it.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 605 Member
    My brother was diagnosed with bi polar about 13 years ago...and it has been a roller coaster. Only recently found this group but also looking for support as a loved one of someone battling this. My brother is currently hospitalized after a recent low. Always on the look out as to how I can better support him.

Stay strong!