Worst Place to Meet Somebody?!

Options
2»

Replies

• NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I agree. Match.com sucks. They also tend to post fake profiles.

This^^ is completely true. It started to become a game to me. Every time I gave match.com negative feedback on a survey, I'd get a wink from some hot guy far away. Then I discontinued but didn't delete my membership since it was paid for a few more weeks. The next morning I had an actual message from another long distance hot guy.

All of their accounts were deleted within a week of those messages. I really think Match is a scam. I'll admit that I wasn't expecting a lot since men are visual and I still need to lose more weight... but literally HALF of all my messages/ winks were scams. STAY away!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'd say one of the worst places to meet guys would be at a hair salon. I mean, common, I can't think of any salon which has men other than the hair dresser.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    POF is horrendous. In fact most dating sites are!

Omg! POF is awful... Lol. At least here in San Jose
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Ummmm....HERE! I've met 2 stalkers on here....scurry! LOL

Oh and match.com....crazy lady there!!!! I'm turning the dating radar off for a while. The gym is my GF :)

Aww... We have something in common! The gym is my boyfriend... Lol
  • rsummers2008
    rsummers2008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree. Match.com sucks. They also tend to post fake profiles.

My co-worker actually met her husband off match.com. Turns out, he ended up continuing his profile even after they were married. She found some paper at home one day and it had a list of a bunch of girls' numbers and notes that he had taken--straight up "40 Year Old Virgin" status when the man gets caught by his woman. She called some of the numbers and one answered and said that they were supposed to meet up at a hotel later that day and that they had met up for lunch once before. There's more, but it doesn't matter. Not all profiles on there are fake, but yes, totally true!
  • rsummers2008
    rsummers2008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Haha, I was on POF. Technically, I still am, but I haven't used that in years! The only time I ever met a guy off of there went terrible. His picture ended up being much cuter than he actually was in person. Not only that, he was super socially awkward. We went to a club and he couldn't dance, and our conversations just didn't really match up. I know this is terribly cold, but I left with someone else. We never spoke again.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Match.com is the WORST!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    yeah, POF can suck it.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Honestly I think the worst place to meet somebody is at the club... whether its a dance club or a strip club.
    I agree... its a lot worse than any dating sites.
  • lauranell79
    lauranell79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    And I thought it was just the singles in Lousiana on POF that sucked.
  • Texa884041
    Texa884041 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    And I thought it was just the singles in Lousiana on POF that sucked.

I agree with ya…POF in LA sucks!!!
  • KatMinch
    Options
    Work. Everyone has to learn the hard way - keep your personal life away from your professional life..
  • auntyaya
    auntyaya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wish I had seen this 2 day ago. I just created a POF file to see what it was like and ummm...I thought it was a dating site but all the men messaging me are married and looking for a discreet encounter. Its kinda of discouraging because I am normal filling out a profile, maybe there will be a few normal ones out there.