Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event

Options
Athijade
Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
Is anyone else going to be participating this weekend in the Guild Wars 2 Beta Event? I will be there most of the weekend I am sure. Super excited to finally get a look at the game personally and to play around with classes and stuff.

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Where will it be taking place?
  • Athijade
    Options
    Where will it be taking place?

If you have prepurchased Guild Wars 2 OR have received an invite, you can participate. They should be sending the links to download the client soon.
  • Dojjin
    Dojjin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My best friend is going to be playing it. I didn't get the chance to Pre-Purchase, only Pre-Ordered since I bought 2 Collector's. He bought a Digital.

Next time around though I will definitely be in it.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just want the game! Ugh ... I am waiting to be paid so I can pre-order it!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Playing the beta now. I like it.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I was playing and it just crashed!!! :(
  • melneh
    melneh Posts: 25
    Options
    been on it the whole time I have been home (other than working out and eating and the occassional nod off)
    it is so beautiful!! I love the scenery and the dialogue is the best.
    Still cannot group with my friends unless we are in divinity's reach but that is totally cool - it is beta after all!
  • Mw4h
    Mw4h Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so on the fence on whether or not I should buy this game.. Anyone care to share some insight?
  • Athijade
    Options
    I'm so on the fence on whether or not I should buy this game.. Anyone care to share some insight?

Well, it is still in Beta so it's hard to give a 100% accurate idea on some of the mechanics. However, so far I love it. I did play Guild Wars 1. What I like is that you can play alone or with people, there is no monthly fee, and it's a lot more relaxed then other RPGs. The community is pretty good, but since there is no monthly fee, you do run into more... immature players then some other games (though you saw them all over the place in WoW).

I am loving Necro and Elementalist so far. Thief was fun too.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    It was just brilliant, even though they were bugs here and there (of course).

I cannot wait for the next beta event to try again. The WvWvW was particularly good, and some of the dynamic events were fun to play.
    The landscape/artwork is simply amazing, and the classes have (so far) been fun to play.

Yep, definitely glad I pre-purchased.
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was able to make a character, but was way too busy to do anymore :(
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I believe there is a stress test this Monday!
  • cmfelix47
    cmfelix47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Beta Weekend Event. I pre-purchased the game on the last day (Sunday) and played for a few hours as a Warrior. I really enjoyed the combat system and how different weapons mean different attacks. Just did PvE. Didn't get in any WvW, but I hear it's amazing! I am really looking forward to this game. I also took part in the stress test.

Beta was pretty polished and I know most people wouldn't care if it was released today. Arena Net, however, wants it to be perfect it seems.
  • mishkat
    mishkat Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Anyone knows when is the next beta event? :D
  • Athijade
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Beta Weekend Event. I pre-purchased the game on the last day (Sunday) and played for a few hours as a Warrior. I really enjoyed the combat system and how different weapons mean different attacks. Just did PvE. Didn't get in any WvW, but I hear it's amazing! I am really looking forward to this game. I also took part in the stress test.

Beta was pretty polished and I know most people wouldn't care if it was released today. Arena Net, however, wants it to be perfect it seems.

I am glad they are taking their time... especially after the stress test on Monday. Lots of issues during that. There are also a good number of bugs, especially with Guardian skills according to what I have read.

They have not announced the next beta weekend (as of this morning). If I had to hazard a guess, it would be the holiday weekend. I also hope they will open Asura and Sylvari.

So far class wise I am enjoying thief, elementalist, and necro.
  • mishkat
    mishkat Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I made thief, ele and necro but ended up just leveling the necro :D

I too want them to open sylvari already, really want to check out that race.
  • Athijade
    Options
    Not sure who here has Guild Wars 2 on their Facebook feed, but looks like no Beta Weekend this upcoming one.

From their page:

We know you are all very eager to begin the next Beta Weekend Event. Our community did an amazing job in the previous Beta Weekend Event and stress tests, providing our team with great feedback. Our goal has always been to do this right and treat the beta testing process as what it should be: a way to work out the bugs beforehand and give you the best game we possibly can at launch.

With that as our goal, the development team is working extremely hard to address your current feedback and prepare Guild Wars 2 for the next Beta Weekend Event. Once they're finished, they'll be ready for you to head back to Tyria for the next phase of testing.

We're going to adhere to a monthly schedule as much as feedback and development allow, so it may be a little more or a little less each time, depending on how things progress. For now, we will have more information on upcoming Beta Weekend Events and stress tests as soon as we're able, and we thank each of you for being an important part of the creation of Guild Wars 2. ~RB2