Strava Application Users - New MFP Cycle Club

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
For those of us who use the Strava Application (www.strava.com), I've started a "virtual" cycling Club - "GS MyFitnessPal" * - feel free to join, no compulsory leg-shaving or embarrasing team lycra - just another layer of friendly support in logging our miles and burning our calories :smile:

And if you don't already use Strava, but log mileage using a Garmin, you can just download all your rides into the application, same as you would Endmondo or Garmin connect.

* yes - i know GS is short for Gruppo Stradale - or road club, but MTB and dirt riders are more than welcome too... :wink:

Replies

• Tracey_Smith
    Options
    I love Strava far more than Garmin Connect. It's just a shame that there aren't that many women around here that cycle and log what they've done.

On the other hand, my BF is also on there and it's made him even more competitive lol x
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    I can't find it :frown:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Just signed up...

Just need the app on my phone now... :wink:
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    Woop, woop, found it. Lovely stuff. xx
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    silly me - forgot the linky...

http://app.strava.com/clubs/gs-myfitnesspal
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What am I doing wrong? I went to explore - groups then typed GS MyFitnessPal but it keeps popping in my city even though I clear it out. Is it because I'm in the US so I can't join your UK group?

EDITED: Oops..I didn't see the link in the post above. Now I got it. My rides are considerably less interesting than yours!
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    apparently, I need to update my phone first :huh:
    i'll join as soon as I figure out how.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Nice! I just started using this app and have signed up for the MFP group. I may have to begin using my Edge 605 to track rides, instead of the iPhone though because the auto pause is sketchy on my phone and it reports lower avg speeds than my Garmin :(
  • bethlikesbikes
    Options
    Thanks for doing this! I've been using Strava for a while now and love it, very motivational.
  • budkid
    budkid Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group... now keep riding!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've just joined... Been using Strava for a little while now, not getting in as many miles as I'd like at the moment but I have a few events coming up.

Feel free to 'follow' me.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Excellent - looks like things are starting to take off!

Oh - and as Chris just said - feel free to follow me on there, should you wish :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    So - quick question to the "pro" users - is it worth the extra dosh over the free application ?
  • jhalsey205
    jhalsey205 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group.
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    It gives you a better idea of who you are up against. The BF likes it because he's faster than a lot of the younger people on there and gives him the extra incentive when he rides. It doesn't matter too much to me, mainly because there are very few women on the routes I do, though the sportives tend to bring them out. For me it's understanding that while my legs may be feeling it, my heart rate is still relatively low so shows me I'm not putting the effort in the rides really deserve. You can tell the cycle ninja's from the leisure riders. :laugh:
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I just got a road bike and started using Strava more. I'm in!
  • RArmor
    RArmor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just joined, New to cycling and hope to be riding faster and longer soon.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Just joined, New to cycling and hope to be riding faster and longer soon.

:laugh: you don't need to be new to cycling to share that hope - i've been riding 30+ years (no wonder I'm tired!:laugh:) and I'm STILL wanting to get faster and ride further :wink:

Welcome aboard
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    It gives you a better idea of who you are up against. The BF likes it because he's faster than a lot of the younger people on there and gives him the extra incentive when he rides. It doesn't matter too much to me, mainly because there are very few women on the routes I do, though the sportives tend to bring them out. For me it's understanding that while my legs may be feeling it, my heart rate is still relatively low so shows me I'm not putting the effort in the rides really deserve. You can tell the cycle ninja's from the leisure riders. :laugh:

Ah - well - as a complete blob when it comes to anything fast/far, I guess it'd be a bit of a waste of money for me then - until I can turn in a sub-hour 25 again, i've no real interest in how I compare to anyone else... :laugh:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I just joined, I've been uploading my stuff to Strava for awhile, but haven't been competitive with anyone but myself.