Tuesday's Challenge! 4/24

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey, try a no meat day for you carnivores! If not all day why not try a meatless meal? Not to take away the meat but to put emphasis on the VEGETABLES!!!!! We still don't eat enough as adults. Okay okay why not try this...decrease your portion of meat today and put extra veggies on your plate at all meals today! Veggies are generally low in calories but give us a power punch (POW!!!) with vitamins minerals and antioxidants so go for it...add more vegetables...you can't lose! A win win for all eating styles!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try this 2moro. My dinner is already in the crockpot. But I won't eat as much!!
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Yum! I will start with a tomato, spinach, goat cheese omelett :bigsmile:
  • FindingAnn
    FindingAnn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't do all day as I am allergic to most vegetables so I need my protein. But I had cornflakes for breakie and having curried squash soup for lunch. Yum.
  • sensahtive
    sensahtive Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did it for breakfast. I ate cereal and yogurt. I didn't have vegetables, but I ate no meat either. Maybe, I can do this challenge with more veggies for my dinner!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge - I'm on my way to becoming a vegetarian or at least a pescatarian, and I try to go meatless a few days a week, and am gradually experimenting with some really wonderful vegetarian recipes - I think the trick is not to look for meat replacements, but to enjoy meatless meals in their own right (I was lucky to have some vegetarian gourmet cooks for friends when I was in grad school, who got me started - they made a mean nut loaf :-) ).
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Yummo! Sounds good guys! I say if not veggies fruit is good too! I love putting veggies in my omelets and fruit in my cereal and soups are great way of increasing your veggies. Also, I am a sandwich queen! So I always try and add extra tomatoes onions and lettuce and any extras like spinach cucumbers. Just adding an extra serving of veggies at a meal is a plus...You guys ROCK!

I love how we are gell'n! LOL!
  • rnoelm99
    rnoelm99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegitarian for over 20 years and I LOVE that more people are trying the Meatless Monday thing. If you don't know about it, check out the website!
  • Coliepie717
    Options
    No meat for breakfast (cereal and strawberries) and Im craving a salad so that will be lunch.....going to try to keep it meatless. Not sure what we will do for dinner yet, so 2 out of 3 meals for the day isn't bad!!