First Date Tonight

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
And, I am actually nervous........but that is a good thing because it means there is also excitement. We have great conversations through email and texting and on the phone, but and here is the thing........TOTALLY not my "usual" type, which is ok....need to branch out but hoping I will still be attracted to him. I was attracted to his pic, but you just never know.

The last time I was this ambivalent, I ended up dating the guy for almost 8 mos!!!

Replies

• Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, exciting!!! I can't wait to hear about it.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I like that you are branching out beyond your "usual" type, you never know where it will lead. Just have fun!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Have fun!!! Let us know how it goes! :)
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    When you get out of your comfort zone is when the BEST things happen. :smile: Keep us posted! Have fun!!!!!!!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Yay I am super excited for you!! I need to follow your lead and step outside my comfort zone. Have a wonderful time!!:drinker:
  • Moe4572
    Options
    Thanks everyone....I will update tomorrow on how it goes!

I do think it will be short date.........I had to help a friend who had surgery today--had to get her 3 year old up and ready for school-which would not have been a big deal, but I had to be dressed and at her house at 5, and the lovely charming child woke up at 5:32 telling me that it was "light out, so she can get up"............he will definitely have to keep me entertained to keep me awake :)
  • ejoy319
    ejoy319 Posts: 104
    Options
    Have a great time!!! Can't wait to hear about it!!
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    so excited for you!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Have fun!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Woohoooo!! Have fun!!!!!! :)
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Hope you have a great time!!!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I am approaching my first date with a guy I met online. I am also anxious but so excited. I hope your date goes well. Keep us posted. I want to know how it goes.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to hear how it went! :bigsmile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    soooooo how did it go?
  • Moe4572
    Options
    It was great!!! We met at a bar for dinner, so had dinner and talked ..... we were there about 4 hours :)

When leaving, he asked if I wanted to get together on Sunday (YES!!) and then he leaned in and gave me a big hug. Little dissapointed no kiss and did think maybe he was unsure. Then when leaving, I got a text that he said text me when you get home so I know you made it safely. So I texted when I got home, and he responded with

"I have a question!! If I like the person on a first date, why is it so awkward to know if you should try and kiss them or not?"

So that answered my question, at least he wanted to kiss me..... :)

I am looking forward to seeing him again.

Unfortunately, I have a probable date with someone else on Friday that was a set up from a friend so can't really get out of it. And, she told me last night...after telling her that I had great time, her response was " I am happy for you but you MUST go out with our pick!!" In case y ou can't tell.....NOT good at "dating" more than one guy.......

Anyway, GREAT DATE!!
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Awwwww! Yay! Sounds great! Love texting!!!! Otherwise you probably would have not known that until the next date!!!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I rarely kiss on the first date, the ones that I have started off very hot and heavy but fizzled out rather quickly. I kind of like when there is a little bit of a build up. Plus it's usually awkward, especially if you're in a semi public place.
  • Moe4572
    Options
    I rarely kiss on the first date, the ones that I have started off very hot and heavy but fizzled out rather quickly. I kind of like when there is a little bit of a build up. Plus it's usually awkward, especially if you're in a semi public place.

Yeah, the bar/restaurant we were at..we both parked right in front and there were people milling outside so would defintely have been awkward!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I am so glad you had a good time. Hopefully the Friday date will be a dud so you don't have to worry. ;)