To go or not to go?

oddyogi
oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
So I got asked to meet for dinner tonight with a dude from OKC. He seems pretty interesting.. he's from Australia, has a good sense of humor/personality, knows how to spell correctly, and seems decent-looking enough (according to the few pictures I saw). The only reason I don't wanna go is I feel like I'm talking to enough guys already. I don't want to get overwhelmed lol. I know I'm single and I can date whoever I want, etc., but the more men I talk to that's just more men I might have to reject.

I kind of want to go just to hear him talk, lol. What do you think?

Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Isn't possible you're going to reject all the guys you are currently talking to anyway? What's one more?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Just do it if you have nothing else planned. What have you got to lose?
  • oddyogi
    Just do it if you have nothing else planned. What have you got to lose?

Calories, lol
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    I would go just to hear him talk!!!! lol. I agree, if you don't have plans and feel like going out .. go! If you aren't attracted to him then don't bother. But .. he could be something wonderful!!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    I pretty much agree with everyone else
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Its only dinner, I say go, listen to the Aussie voice then decide! No pressure, you are in control!
  • oddyogi
    I suppose you're right. I'm just afraid there's going to be something he didn't divulge about himself and then it will be super awkward. I hate when **** is awkward.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    If you don't go, then you will be rejecting him anyway, so why pass on the opportunity to meet someone nice who might be right for you. That's just my opinion.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Why not....at least his accent will be entertaining.....course if you are just going for the accent........there are a couple Aussie boys on here that could help you with that, I think :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Would you like me to go for you???
  • sweetfacephoto
    sweetfacephoto Posts: 45 Member
    Yeah, I would need to HEAR the accent before making an informed decision. ;)
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    You know me.. my vote is GO...lol!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Go have a wonderful time - and like said previous post if you dont go you would still be rejecting him. Enjoy yourself!!
  • Steelheart7
    Plus if **** gets awkward .. get up and leave .. lmao.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    I suppose you're right. I'm just afraid there's going to be something he didn't divulge about himself and then it will be super awkward. I hate when **** is awkward.

The only thing awkard would be is if he came dressed as Steve Irwin and kept saying "Crikey"
  • oddyogi
    If **** gets awkward.. I'll just get tipsy and have my roomie come and pick me up, lol.
  • Steelheart7

The only thing awkard would be is if he came dressed as Steve Irwin and kept saying "Crikey"

That might be hot .. just sayin.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    my vote is that you go and check out the accent and check him out... it doesn't hurt. :smile:
  • oddyogi

That might be hot .. just sayin.

I don't dig above-knee shorts, LOL
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    Would you like me to go for you???

This.