Brides and Bridesmaids UNITE!!!!!!!

Options
wd773
wd773 Posts: 122 Member
hey ladies lets unite to keep each other focused and committed to obtaining our goals. lets check in regularly and even post picks of our finished product (in the dress of course). its nice to have a team of women who are like minded!!!!

lets do this ladies!!!

do i hear say YEEEEEES to the dress????? oh YES , cause we are gonna be smokin!!!!!

wendy:wink:

Replies

• daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yes yes! Time to get serious!
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm the mother of the bride. The wedding is July 19th in Hawaii. We leave July 15th. My dress is picked out and will already need to be altered so I may as well go crazy and lose as much as possible and have the whole thing taken in! I'm actually a bit more worried about swim wear and the beach so that is a big motivating factor for me. I only have about 10lbs. I want to lose, but I really want to be toned and muscular.

Best of luck ladies!!!
  • jirzee
    jirzee Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, my best friend is getting married in March and I'm one of her bridesmaids. My goal is to fit in a size 6 for her wedding, but also to feel good about myself. Hopefully, you gals can help stay focus on this.
  • regina_saunders1115
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!!!

I am so thrilled about this group! I just got engaged 2 weeks ago. We may need to have our wedding in November (akkk!) because my fiance's father is very sick with cancer. I've been on My Fitness Pal since July of 2011. I joined with some office buddies and we started out motivating one another well but that trailed off. So I am really looking forward to some motivation! And in return I will help motivate you too!!

Gina
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I am Aly, Getting married September 14th this year! ahh its like 4 months away! Well I want to lose about 15 pounds. I work out a lot and I just bought the fitbit. I was using weight watchers(well kind of) and decided to stop wasting my money there and try this out with the fitibit.When I get back from my cruise on the 1st of May I plan to do a serious bridal bootcamp, and if anyone is interested we can have weekly goals on this board and measure our progress! Glad to find others looking to look good in the dress!
  • alicialee05
    alicialee05 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    HELLO!

I'm getting married on September 1st. I would like to either lose 25 lbs, or lose 2 dress sizes (whichever comes first). I've been using MFP for a couple months, running/gym for a couple months, and started P90X last week. So far the scale hasn't budged much, but i have noticed a change in my belt loop. So I've got about 4 months to get this done!

Thankfully my groom is doing P90X with me, keeping me motivated :)

SW:181 (Feb)
    CW:179
    GW: 150ish.
  • jensenkm2
    jensenkm2 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hello Brides, Bridesmaides and Mother of the Brides! My name is Krista and I am trying to get a HUGE jump on my wedding because I have a large amount of weight and progress to make. My wedding isnt until 2014 but I would love to join the group and find some inspiration by watching you all lose your weight and make your goals and look smokin in your beautiful dresses. I havent picked a dress yet (I havent even tried one on yet because I am too scared to even look at myself in a wedding dress at my current size).

I have been on MPF for 30 days so far and am in NO SCALE APRIL still so I have no idea if I have even lost any weight but will find out May 1st. I definitely need a boost of confidence and support and hope to get that from watching everyones journey. Good luck to you all and congratulations on everyones engagements!! :happy:
  • emmeinde
    emmeinde Posts: 22
    Options
    My dress is picked out and will already need to be altered so I may as well go crazy and lose as much as possible and have the whole thing taken in!

Me too! I already have my bridesmaid dress and it fits in the bust (the only part of me that hasn't budged in the 11 inches I've dropped!). I'm going to have to tailor the skirt part ridiculously so it hangs like it's supposed to, so I'm seeing how much fabric they're going to have to take out. I'm hoping for a full panel...or more! But at least we don't have to stress about fitting INTO it.
  • MrsLeibas
    MrsLeibas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think this is a GREAT idea! I already have my dress for our Oct. 6th wedding. It fit when I last tried it on which was in February when I weighed 190. I'm down to 184, with a goal of 150-160. I think this is going to be a good week for me weigh in wise (I weigh in on Mondays). But everyone's support should make this journey easier. Currently I'm looking forward to being able to get out of the 180s!
  • emilypsb
    emilypsb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My wedding is July 14! So soon!