Best Walking Trails

Options
EmpathyBot
EmpathyBot Posts: 78 Member
I live in the Old Strathcona area, and I'm looking for some good walking trails.

One of the few I know about, is in the Mill Creek area.

Anyone have any other good suggestions?

Replies

• EmpathyBot
    EmpathyBot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Aspen Loop walking trail (3km)? The map says it's along the Whitemud nature reserve. Sounds like it has potential :)
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Anyone been down into the trails yet? Is there still snow down there? I'll be heading down into the Clareview trails into an hour or so.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I was actually just looking into a decent direction to run from downtown to Hawrelak Park. My only issue is, it might not be so bad getting there, but I not want to make the trek back haha
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I went to Clareview for a hike yesterday... no snow like there was last year around this time. Thank god.

I'm aching like crazy, though. D:
  • tkwasnitza
    Options
    i know many walking trails if interested leave me message !!! i love to walk the trails with someone
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    http://www.thetechshop.ca/events.html

thought this was worth posting.
    check out the frank mcnamara run series in the fall. $30 for 7 races. i'm going to sign up. it looks like a great way to find some new trails and meet some other runners.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I live near the Whitemud Creek Nature Preserve and adore it. I usually use the Brookview/Bulyea Heights trailhead and loop back up at Ogilvie Ridge. Or go up into Westbrook, or for a long run, head north to the river. Highly recommend it!
  • waistfinder
    waistfinder Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try also MapMyWalk, or MapMyRun, or MapMyRide dot com. You can record your favorite walk/run/ride on maps for others to follow, or just do theirs and rate them. Loads of other stuff too.