Minecraft

Options
So, my fiance was playing this game on our big screen (60") the other day it was in 8-bit form and it looked kinda cool so I asked him what it was. He stated that it was minecraft. After bugging him for a week to get it for me he finally has and I've falling in love with this simple game.

Anyone else play? What are your thoughts on it? :D

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Yes, been playing for long while now!

I love the game, except for the f$cking creepers!!!! They always blow up my creations so now I build forts and motes around my buildings lol.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I play it on my phone only at the moment. Its a bit restricted in what you can do so I was getting a little bored with it. However, the latest update this week has added crafting and more things in the environment, so I am back at it.

I think I'll end up buying the PC version as my Xperia Ray is just a little small to play it on... but the huge glass wall (with ramparts and walkway) that I built around MY part of the island has got the zombies more than a little pissed. I'll have to see if I can craft some trebuchets and mangonels to fire across the wall at them :)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing of this game. What is it?
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I might get it for Xbox live when it comes out, just because I prefer lounging around when doing games like this.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed the game quite a bit, will definitely be getting it for the 360 :D
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I refuse to touch that game until my school semester ends and it's summer. It's ridiculously addicting.
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It is very addicting. I love to play and while I wait for things to be made (stone and glass mostly) I like to watch yogcast on youtube. Those british guys make me giggle! XD

For those of you who asked, Minecraft is basically a block world you start off in the middle of no where and your goal is to survive (make your own axe, shovel, sword, pickaxe, etc). :) it's a simple yet very addicting game. go to youtube and watch some videoes...my friend has made a few of his own it's fun.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    When I first saw Minecraft I thought, "How silly, why is this ugly game so popular? What is everyone raving about? I guess I have to check it out." So I started playing... I lost the next few weeks in a mining-induced frenzy, but did end up with a cathedral, viking lodge, extensive tunnel system, and Death Star. ::One more block::
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    When I first saw Minecraft I thought, "How silly, why is this ugly game so popular? What is everyone raving about? I guess I have to check it out." So I started playing... I lost the next few weeks in a mining-induced frenzy, but did end up with a cathedral, viking lodge, extensive tunnel system, and Death Star. ::One more block::

That's exactly what I thought about it at first!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

is the classic/free version worth it? or do you really ahve to buy the upgraded version for it to be worth your time?
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292
    Options
    its amazing...and addicting. honestly dont remember how long i have played it. there is honestly nothing that you cant do in this game...its all on you, and btw...the damn thing has scared the **** out me countless times!
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    OOOHHHHH!!! another yognaught!!! how wonderful!!! hahaha

i LOVEEEEE minecraft!! i play on servers, i play on creative, i play on normal and get blown up a lot.

i also like to watch ICanHasGrief on youtube, its just a chanel where they go and ruin a lot of peoples hard work and its a guilty pleasure for me.
  • da_sammit
    Options

is the classic/free version worth it? or do you really ahve to buy the upgraded version for it to be worth your time?

nah you dont need to buy the version, theres only a small difference ie: the ability to get on servers, its pretty much an offline version.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't know what features the free version has, but I bought the full one for playing with friends. I find it's a lot more fun than playing alone.
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the 9th for it on xbox :D except i'm not looking forward to getting live -_- that's one of the main reasons I use my ps3 more. Minecraft is worth it.
  • dmbranchaud
    Options
    I LOVE Minecraft!! I was with friends one day and they started playing. Then I started playing and it just started form there. I haven't built anything really amazing but I'm proud of my one big house.
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    LOVE this game. When it came out for xbox I got addicted. I created an 8 bit hello kitty in my city. haha :bigsmile: Feel free to add me on xbox live If anybody plays on there. Gamer tag- Mamaxkitty

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/po0kiexx/Facebook/Minecraft Photos/475133_415743075132379_576304912_o.jpg[/img]
  • unassembledandy
    Options
    i only got this the other week and love it!

its like if lego was real life lol still need to rock a HDMI cable so can play local multiplayer

has anyone seen the hunger games-esc tornements that people have been having?
  • freshprincessx
    freshprincessx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Minecraft is an amazing game. I've never played it on the PC but I have it for the 360. My fiance, my brother and myself play it constantly. I never thought I would be interested in a game with such horrible graphics. But there's so much to do and so many places to mine. It keeps me very occupied. ^__^
  • da_sammit
    Options
    i only got this the other week and love it!

its like if lego was real life lol still need to rock a HDMI cable so can play local multiplayer

has anyone seen the hunger games-esc tornements that people have been having?

ive seen the captainsparkles one and all of the yogscast.. the yogscast one was the greatest. it was hilarious and great to see the game from several others points of views.