Daily Accountability Thread

Options
diddyh
diddyh Posts: 131 Member
I think it would be wonderful to have a daily check-in thread. We all have very specific deadlines for our events so staying on track is very important (to me at least).

Yesterday I worked out: Strength Training (Total Gym) & Treadmill

I ate clean almost all day until dinner. Yesterday was my daughter's (the bride) birthday. We had a BBQ. I blew it.

I was down a tiny bit on the scale today so it wasn't a total loss, but I really didn't like the way I felt after eating that much food.

My goal is to make better choices, and when I allow myself a treat, to not stuff myself.

I'm going for a clean eating day today.

I want to lose 9 lbs by July 15th. Loss to date: .2lbs (not much but right now I'm building muscle and things are really toning up.)

Replies

• mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I really need this. Yesterday I had a full bottle of wine and then a piece of Key lime pie. Oops So for at least 60 days I want to be wine free. God I hope I can do it!

Also call me insane cause I decided to start the Insanity Program. Today was day 1 and I was panting during the warm up. haha
    I can't wait to try tomorows workout to see how I do.

My eating today has been good and clean. I know I can keep it going until I it the pillow.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Today I'm going to they gym AND I'm going to take some much needed me time and read. LOL sad that the second one is such a huge goal!
  • mebohan
    mebohan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not a good start today,... i worked out this morning.. but then i gave into some M&Ms this afternoon!! Yikes!

Ready to get back on the ball after 2 weeks of slacking!
  • diddyh
    Options
    Yesterday was much better. I worked out - Cardio. I ate mostly clean. I made one bad choice yesterday not including the chocolate cake I had for dessert. I actually don't ever want to deprive myself of a treat once in a while or I will give up. The cake was a small piece and I really enjoyed it. I ate something earlier that I wish I had said no to but all in all it was a good day.

I'm now down 1.2 lbs. ~ 8.2 lbs. to go.

79 days until we leave for Hawaii.
  • alicialee05
    alicialee05 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well yesterday as well, I was under my calorie goal. The worst thing i ate was probably the oatmeal raisin cookie that my fiance's mom made for us (torture, I'm telling you)
    Did day 10 of P90X.
    Was feeling great!
    Then I went to Banana Republic and tried on some clothes. None of which fit. Boo.
    I'll be anxious when the lbs start to drop.. if ever.
  • mammakisses
    Options
    This morning I did 25 minutes of DVD 2 of Insanity Program. It was insane. Definitely more for someone already in shape. But I won't stop. I'll give it my all and eventully I will be able to keep up.

My eating is perfect so far. For dinner I'll probably have chicken, brown rice and veggies.

Good job ladies and keep at it!
  • diddyh
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day. I did cardio on my treadmill. I followed my eating plan. I even included a treat after a small dinner. I felt completely satisfied all day and enjoyed dessert.

Today will be a little bit harder because we have lunch provided by the company for Administrative Assistant's Week and my husband is home for dinner today. We often have a date night and go to dinner when he is home. Oh well. This is something I have to live with the rest of my life. I will make good choices as often as I can. I will exercise as often as I can and I will allow special treats and date nights and try to make good choices and watch serving sizes. I think this is doable!

I fear being skinny fat so I am really working on strength training 3 days per week. I would rather weigh a few more pounds and be solid and strong rather than be little and soft.

I'm down 1.4 lbs. ~ 8 lbs. to go.

78 days until we leave for Hawaii.
  • mammakisses
    Options
    Great job diddyh!

My day yesterday was again awesome. I did a good workout and my diet was perfect. I when to bed even earlier then usual and had a great sleep.

Today soo far is going the same way. I did a workout, not as good as usual because I really need a rest day. I didn't want to workout but I still pushed myself to do one. I did 10 minutes of Insanity DVD 3 and 20 minutes bicycle. Tomorow is going to be a rest day or some weights.
  • amberdawn02
    amberdawn02 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm liking this accountability thread... had to get in on it!

recap of my week -

Food: have been just at or a little below 1200 net each day... I have to exercise because I love to eat!

Exercise:
    Monday - 60 min bootcamp including running, burpees, wall balls, bicep dips, lunges, jumping, sprints, planks & abs.
    Tuesday - 60 min zumba class (only my second time going, oh so fun!!!)
    Wednesday - 25 mins cardio on the treadmill, 10 mins of pushups, situps and crunches!
    Thursday - bootcamp again including sprints, star jump squats, crab crawls, jump rope, box jumps, tons of pushups and burpees.... lots of sweat
    Friday - bootcamp again tonight (anything's possible! don't know what the workout will be until it happens!)

I don't have a plan yet for tomorrow's workout - might go for a run early in the morning depending on the weather.

What is everyone else doing for workout's this weekend?
  • diddyh
    Options
    What is everyone else doing for workout's this weekend?

It's hard to say. We are going out of town Saturday morning and returning Sunday evening. I will probably do some strength training on my Total Gym and spend a few minutes on my treadmill before we leave. I'm not sure if our hotel has a fitness center or not. If not, I may walk out side the motel for some exercise. Or I may do some walking in the swimming pool.

I'll just have to be creative and find a way. I guess this is what this life-style change is all about. Finding ways of keeping in shape and eating well while life happens.

Bobbie
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    This has not been a great week..potluck and farewell cake for a coworker. I didn't completely pig out, but still did some damage. Hard core metabolic resistance workout tonight. Planning to join a friend for another one tomorrow...and do some hardcore cleaning!
  • diddyh
    Options
    Yesterday was not good for me. We had a lunch brought in to our office for Administrative Assistant's Week. I would have been fine, but a second piece of cake and a bag of chips that I wasn't hungry for called my name. I only had a few bites of sweets for dinner but I felt horrible after eating well for a week or so now. By horrible I felt bloated and stuffed and I don't like that feeling.

I did do my treadmill workout.

I had planned to do my full strength training workout and a few minutes on my treadmill this morning before we head out of town today, but we have company sleeping in that room. I'm a little bit discouraged as I usually misbehave out of town anyway by overeating. Oh well. I'll figure it out.

Down 1.4 lbs. ~ 8 lbs to go.

77 days until we leave.
  • IndyMode
    IndyMode Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went over my calories, but only by 100, I ended up eating a little over 1500 yesterday...but today was my first weigh in in about a week and I lost 2 pounds!!! YES! Only about 18 more to go before I get to the weight I was when I get married :)))
  • kazzari
    Options
    Yesterday I went over my calories, but only by 100, I ended up eating a little over 1500 yesterday...but today was my first weigh in in about a week and I lost 2 pounds!!! YES! Only about 18 more to go before I get to the weight I was when I get married :)))

Woo hoo! Good job! My weekly weigh in is Sunday morning and, although I'm only logging my changes weekly, I weigh daily and I'm hoping to log a 2lb loss as well after 4 weeks on MFP. We'll see...those water fluctuations can be pretty wild.
  • diddyh
    Options
    I was out of town for a couple of days and didn't check in. In the two days I only managed one 30 minute walk. I did that outside the motel. My eating was more than I usually do at home, but not too bad considering we were out of town. Before, being out of town was like a free pass to stuff myself eating out at all the places we love. I really concentrated on good choices and portion sizes.

The scale is up this morning. I know it's water because we had chinese yesterday and it was loaded with sodium. I'll pay for that for a few days. Ugh. Oh well. Back on track this morning.

74 days until we leave.
  • diddyh
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day. I did my strengh training workout with a few minutes on the treadmill. My eating yesterday was clean. I planned out meals and snacks all day. I had a smoothie for dinner. It was fairly low calorie and was very satisfying. I drank a lot of water to counter the sodium from the weekend.

The scale was almost back down to Friday's weigh in. The salt/water gain is about gone. I'll have to remember that the next time I decide that Chinese food for lunch is a good idea.

73 days until we leave.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Today it hit me that my wedding is in exactly four months and I'm starting to freak!! I definitely need this!! Cutting out the last bit of bad for me food I've been eating starting now!!

122 days to go!
  • alicialee05
    alicialee05 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Today it hit me that my wedding is in exactly four months and I'm starting to freak!! I definitely need this!! Cutting out the last bit of bad for me food I've been eating starting now!!

122 days to go!

I hear ya!!!

Yesterday we went to a baseball game... and as we all know concession food is SOOOO bad... so i indulged, but not too crazy.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options

122 days to go!

I hear ya!!!

Yesterday we went to a baseball game... and as we all know concession food is SOOOO bad... so i indulged, but not too crazy.

It's a good thing we haven't gone to any games, I'd go nuts on all that food lol
  • kazzari
    Options
    I've been going strong the last several days. Ran on Sunday, got in a hardcore MRT workout last night, and I'm on target with calories. Scale was down to exactly where I was last Tuesday (before creeping back up before my weigh in Sunday. Hopefully, that won't happen again this week.