6 days postpartum after baby #4!

Options
JennsRAQ
JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
Hey, everyone. :) I am 6 days postpartum. I had a ridiculously easy labor and delivery of my 10lber and feel great. I realize it's too early to get crazy aggressive in working out or counting calories (particularly since I am nursing and my milk just came in a few days ago), but I am wanting to go ahead and get active on MFP to keep myself accountable.

I have a bad habit of waiting until my little one is around 18 months to even attempt any sort of weight loss, so I'm hoping to pay more attention this time and make a real effort.

I gained about 48 pounds with this little guy (which is very average for me - I've gained between 42-50 with all of them!) and am already down 17 of them. I hope I can get on track to melt some more away while I have such a new nursling because I know he's helping me burn way more calories now than if we continue nursing and I am trying to count nursing calories in at 18 months postpartum, you know?

Anyway, it's nice to meet all of you and I hope that we can encourage each other!!

Replies

• Lopo1180
    Lopo1180 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats on baby #4!
  • mirfan25
    mirfan25 Posts: 45
    Options
    Congrats, such an exciting time :)

I had baby #2 almost 5 months ago and started on MFP 6 weeks PP (also nursing and wanted to make my supply was well established before counting calories)... Once I started MFP set me to 1200 calories for 1 lb loss a week, I actually ate 1700-1800 a day to take into account calories lost nursing exclusively... Worked well for me!! Lost 31 pounds in less than four months, am now 15 lbs lighter than before my pregnancy (was carrying extra weight from baby #1).. Just started exercising 3.5 months PP but that was because I had a c-section and wasn't ready...

Anyway, welcome and good luck on your journey, and congrats on your new little one! Feel free to add me for support!
  • DreamersWifey
    DreamersWifey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I waited untill mine was 11 months to start lol
    So I'm glad I'm not the only one who waited
  • jkkrieger24
    jkkrieger24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya on this. I had 5 pregnancies in 5 years and had severe post Partum Depression. I weighed 199 when I finally got off my rear and did something about it. I had to make my brain change its way of thinking. I started to work out when my son was 5 months. I found the workout that is now my soul mate workout. I have learned to eat right and have an awesome accountability group on Facebook. Which by the way anyone can join. I've lost 43 pounds so far and have kept it off. Its been slow (to me) but healthy and I haven't gained any back. I have 20 more to go and I know I can do this.
  • urqumeli
    urqumeli Posts: 14
    Options
    Had my 3rd baby 9 months ago and started MFP late Feb. I've lost 10 pounds so far. I started trying to lose weight when baby was about 5months old. Couldn't be bothered before. I had morning sickness and horrible heartburn ALL through out the entire pregnancy and was just so relieved I could eat again and not feel wretched :D But am working hard now as I've had enough of being in between my old clothes and my maternity wear :S
    Congrats on all the mamas and their new little ones! All worth it in the end right :P
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    congrats on baby #4!!! I felt awesome after baby #2, wayyy better than after baby #1, lol! Its like your body sort of figures out what to do after you have one, lol!! Good luck and don't go too low on the cals! :)
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Congrats on baby number 4!!!! That's so exciting!!! My baby number 4 is 7 months old now and was also a very easy delivery (at home :D) and he is so relaxed, it's fab!

Don't rush it with the weight loss, but I hear ya about the accountability!!! So maybe log what you eat, make sure to eat extra cals for that milk but don't do any exercise yet, apart from maybe bringing your kids for a few walks because your body will need to recover physically too :)
  • eleeseeC
    eleeseeC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your little one! It took me a year to start losing weight after my first child, just in time to get pregnant again. This time I am also determined to lose the weight sooner rather than later. I had a 10+ lber myself, but not such an easy delivery.

Good luck.