Non-Book Readers Non-spoiler Questions of GoT

Options
DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
My wife is constantly asking me questions about what's this and that on Game of Thrones (which is OK). I wanted to start this thread for any Non-Spoiler Questions/Answers a viewer of the show might have.

i.e. "What's the deal with Harrenhall?"

Answer: It was the largest castle in Westeros made by King Harren until Aegon the Conqueror and his dragons invaded Westeros and the fire from the dragons was so hot it melted the stone. Some say it may be cursed.

Myself and maybe others would be happy to answer (I repeat) any non-spoiler questions you might have.

Replies

• andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the offer, I've got one:

In season 1, Joffrey becomes King and then in season 2, there are a million "kings", complete with full armies and base camps, etc. fighting for the throne. How is this covered in the book? Seemed like a super leap in story and it's all mixed in with this giant war so people who aren't trying to claim the throne (Greyjoy?) are fighting, too. Should I just ignore and go with it? =)
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

In season 1, Joffrey becomes King and then in season 2, there are a million "kings", complete with full armies and base camps, etc. fighting for the throne. How is this covered in the book? Seemed like a super leap in story and it's all mixed in with this giant war so people who aren't trying to claim the throne (Greyjoy?) are fighting, too. Should I just ignore and go with it? =)

When Robert died, Renly fled the city immediately after and started gathering forces. The Tyrell family is strong and rich like the Lanisters so he was able to acquire a large army rather quickly. Also, the Baratheon native lands are in the South.

The North started marching when Ned was arrested so they were already in motion when he was beheaded and they just declared independence and changed their goals.

Stannis declared right when he heard due to him having the actual claim. In the books, Robert Aryn had actually already confided his findings in Stannis which is why he was no longer present in King's Landing. He is supposed to be on the Small Council as Master of Ships.

The Greyjoys declared pretty much the same way as seen in the show and the King Beyond the Wall had been active since before the books.

Did I miss any of them?
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks! :bigsmile:
  • RachelWest86
    Options

When Robert died, Renly fled the city immediately after and started gathering forces. The Tyrell family is strong and rich like the Lanisters so he was able to acquire a large army rather quickly. Also, the Baratheon native lands are in the South.

The North started marching when Ned was arrested so they were already in motion when he was beheaded and they just declared independence and changed their goals.

Stannis declared right when he heard due to him having the actual claim. In the books, Robert Aryn had actually already confided his findings in Stannis which is why he was no longer present in King's Landing. He is supposed to be on the Small Council as Master of Ships.

The Greyjoys declared pretty much the same way as seen in the show and the King Beyond the Wall had been active since before the books.

Did I miss any of them?

Arryn (Sr.) is dead; suspected poison, as mentioned at the very beginning of season 1 in Lysa's letter to Catelyn begging for help. Arryn (Jr.), Lord of the Eyrie, was whisked away to the Vale by Lysa as soon as Sr. was killed.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Did I miss any of them?

Arryn (Sr.) is dead; suspected poison, as mentioned at the very beginning of season 1 in Lysa's letter to Catelyn begging for help. Arryn (Jr.), Lord of the Eyrie, was whisked away to the Vale by Lysa as soon as Sr. was killed.

Yeah, but I was talking about why Stannis was not on the council.