NSVs

Options
ideliver
ideliver Posts: 114 Member
Hi folks!

How are people doing on their weight loss journeys? As I troll the message boards, I see those sliders moving further and further to the right!

What are some peoples non-scale victories as of late? This week, I put on a suit for a special function, only to realize that it was a sit that I've had since high school...and it fit! Now, I was still overweight in high school, but not by this much, and I had previously had the pant waist taken in (thin phase in college). How about you? Nothing is too big or small!

Replies

• woodsk67
    woodsk67 Posts: 88
    Options
    Mine was a few weeks ag0- WEnt and bought some new shorts for summer, adn when I got home-- All too lbig!
  • narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    got one!.. went shopping online for my GF (old navy) and after buying her a couple shirts i saw a few cute items, bought 3 things.. forgot what i bought by the time a week passed and i got the delivery..opened up this super cute top that i bought in a medium. i looked at that thing and was like "no way.. this shirt is so tiny there's no way that will look good on me"...

got a little discouraged but figured i'd try it on, take a pic, then use that as a goal blouse. Boom, fit me perfectly... ! and the Large and XL items i bought were too big... boom.. again... lol
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I was... uhm... getting romantic with my wife. For some reason, this time, it was really noticeable that I could wrap my arms all the way around her. I mean, we hug each other all the time, but, for some reason, this weekend, our combined weight loss really stood out.
  • irenec8
    irenec8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I tried on all the pants that I haven't worn in months because i couldn't get them past my thighs--and they all fit again! Perfectly!!! Hard work pays off!
  • sjiphone
    sjiphone Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I traded in my balloon long legged bathing shorts for a pair of slinky, flattering (read crotch enhancing) spandex trunks.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    just bought a bunch of new shirts and got them all in mediums... all of last year, shirts were all larges.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Today one of my teammates said to me, "every time I see you, you look smaller!" I've only known her a few months and I've only lost maybe 5-7lb (which isn't much when you're in the 180s! lol), but I am excited that other people are noticing!
  • woodsk67
    Options
    got one!.. went shopping online for my GF (old navy) and after buying her a couple shirts i saw a few cute items, bought 3 things.. forgot what i bought by the time a week passed and i got the delivery..opened up this super cute top that i bought in a medium. i looked at that thing and was like "no way.. this shirt is so tiny there's no way that will look good on me"...

got a little discouraged but figured i'd try it on, take a pic, then use that as a goal blouse. Boom, fit me perfectly... ! and the Large and XL items i bought were too big... boom.. again... lol

Congrats!! That is hte best feeling when smaller sizes fit great!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    My profile pic :)
  • woodsk67
    Options
    My profile pic :)
    That is good!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Mine was a few weeks ag0- WEnt and bought some new shorts for summer, adn when I got home-- All too lbig!
    woop.s I HATE shopping. i have to try EVERYTHING on... but that's a good thing... hitting up every sale that comes along and restocking little by little
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I traded in my balloon long legged bathing shorts for a pair of slinky, flattering (read crotch enhancing) spandex trunks.
    wuhuu care to share?
  • sjiphone
    sjiphone Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would make it my profile pic, but I think that's against the regulations ;)
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It's nothing but NSVs for me, since I have been this size for fifteen years but my weight has ranged 15 lbs.

Anyways I can see my leg muscles when I'm not flexing!! :bigsmile:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I would make it my profile pic, but I think that's against the regulations ;)
    Have you seen mine? and my previous one had me and my rubber ring :laugh: and I've never been moderated :bigsmile:
  • mrtimps
    mrtimps Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This might seem a fairly minor NSV, but I had a bit of a triumph at the gym today. My instructor had set me the challenge as part of my program at the start of April - to hold an abdominal plank/bridge for 2 minutes. When I first started them I could barely hold it for 30 seconds and I've been at around 1:45 - 1:55 for the last week, but today I finally cracked the 2 minute mark, holding the plank for 2:10! Just in time too, as I start my next program on Tuesday...
  • ideliver
    ideliver Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This might seem a fairly minor NSV, but I had a bit of a triumph at the gym today. My instructor had set me the challenge as part of my program at the start of April - to hold an abdominal plank/bridge for 2 minutes. When I first started them I could barely hold it for 30 seconds and I've been at around 1:45 - 1:55 for the last week, but today I finally cracked the 2 minute mark, holding the plank for 2:10! Just in time too, as I start my next program on Tuesday...

No NSV is minor! Great progress!