Arch Pain

Options
N4monsters
N4monsters Posts: 44 Member
I've started back running in the end of February. I had no problems at all with pain while running. This past week, I've been experiencing some arch pain. At first my ankles ached after I ran, but the aching would go away. Now my right arch of my foot hurts when I walk and hurts all the time. I do have high arches, but when I put my running shoes on, my whole foot felt supported. I did get new running shoes before I started running religiously in February so I wasn't wearing old worn shoes.

I have had tight calves as well, but I have been stretching them before I run and really good after I run.

I have a half-marathon coming up in September. I know that's a ways away, but I would like to keep running and not loose my speed I have gained since February (I have knocked off a minute per mile so far).

Do I need to go to the doctor for this? Do you think it's a stress fracture? What can I do to not have to go back to square 1 running and training for my 1/2 marathon? I so afraid I'm going to injure myself again and I don't even know what I did!

Replies

• kenleyj
    kenleyj Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    September might be a long ways off, but if you have some sort of fracture, it's advisable to go see a sports doctor asap. It's important to get all the niggles worked out before you really get into your training campaign.