Ah, sugar sugar

Options
And with just breakfast - and a carefully chosen one for me, at that (100% juice, peanut butter & rice cakes)- I've already overshot my sugar for the *entire* day by 14 g.

*le sigh* How's *your* morning going?

Replies

• coconutty420
    coconutty420 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Best I try to do is to watch my carbs....high carbs usually equals high sugar! Avoid juice at all costs...has little nutritional value and hi sugar....try to eat the fruit itself. An orange gives u way more nutrition then the juice alone will....or put a shot of juice in a glass of water or tonic water so u have the taste but less calories n sugar. I find that restricting sugar n carbs has helped me reduce belly fat better then any other diet ever has. Keep it up! Everyday is a new day to try something different....yesterday is gone so why bother worrying over it....instead look forward to what u can do right today! Good luck! Hope I could help a lil bit!
  • mikey3925
    mikey3925 Posts: 35
    Options
    i max out on sugar every day, usually before lunch

i have JIF peanut butter on whole wheat toast every morning. i recently switched to the reduced fat version and reduced to 1 Tbl instead of my usual 2+ Tbls.

i also switched from whole milk lattes, to using 2% milk. after a few weeks of that, i switched to 1% milk.

and even after making all those adjustments, i still exceed my sugar target every day. LoL!

my biggest sugar pitfall is soft drinks. i have a serious Pepsi addiction. working on it, and making some headway, but i recognize as long as i'm sucking down sodas i'm never going to get my sugar intake right

i like what coconutty420 said: "Everyday is a new day to try something different....yesterday is gone so why bother worrying over it....instead look forward to what u can do right today!"

good philosophy!