Food Challenge Again?!?!? Hey it's FRIDAY!!!!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey dudes and dudettes! Let's have the dreaded converstation about carbs or carbohydrates. YAAAAAY!!!!!! I am a magazine hog and I hoard them...I was reading an old article...I have my own opinions but I think we can challenge ourselves to DO the basics:

Tips for Eating Carbs
1. Choose WHOLE-GRAINs!!! If you love cereals try to make it a 4-5 grams of fiber per serving kind. Even try Ezekiel 4:9 breads...see if you like it.
2. Skip sugary beverages. Drinking the sugar (or calories) why do that when you can EAT the calories with healthy foods!
3. Eat beans! YOU got many to choose from: lentils, black, pinto, lima, Great Northern....on and on...hey and don't fuss there is BEANO you can get at the store..toot tooooot!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!
4. Pair your carbs with a protein for a slower absorption into your GI system and also obtaining needed nutrients in diet.
5. Carbs are not just grains but (not to beat a dead horse) but add the VEGGIES and fruits which are power packed healthy carbs!

Let me know your thoughts and how have you changed with attitudes toward carbohydrates!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love carbs! They are delicious. I just can't eat grains or beans, my body does not like them and makes me pay dearly if I consume them. But I've never met a vegatable I didn't like.( :smile: thinks of big *kitten* salad I brought for lunch today)

Sugary beverages are not a problem. Unless you count the ones that turn into sugar in the body. (why hello wine, how are you? :drinker: )

To be mindful of proteins with carbs! Thanks for the challenge!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Ms Deb I loooooove salads! At work they call me the salad queen. I bought a vegetarin cookbook just to get more ideas on wonderful salads!
    I love wine too but my vice is more of the white lightening kind!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    The wine will be my problem as well, it is Friday after all :drinker:

But I can definitely do the rest of them!
  • tickleandslapp
    tickleandslapp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    For the last 2 months I've been doing low carb..I had to do something because I was stuck on a plateau at -57lbs for several months.. I've lost 23lbs since. I love carbs! Veggies ..YUM!!! Funny thing when you get off of the "bad" carbs you just don't crave 'em anymore. Give me Spinach!! I'm not gonna lie though.. the other day even cartoon pancakes were lookin' delicious! lol.. Have A wonderful Aloha Friday Everybody!!
  • FindingAnn
    FindingAnn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am with you all on the wine. It's Friday and the end of a very long week. As for the carbs, try quinoa for a change. It is packed full of protein (18%), gluten free and full of fibre.
    Here are loads of quinoa recipes http://allrecipes.com/recipes/healthy-recipes/super-foods/whole-grains/quinoa/top.aspx
    I like the quinoa tabbouleh.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Ms Ann love quinoa! Even for breakfast!
  • campychick
    Options
    Already limiting my carbs to low glycemic veggies/fruit (fruit limit of 2 per day). I'm not really craving the other carbs...I've decided that sugar is just as much of an addiction as drugs, etc... so I'm completely off any refined sugar at this point. Once I hit my goal, I will decide if/how to reintroduce to my eating. I do better with 'cold turkey' than moderation for now. :-)