Spanx/Manx

Options
So question...

Men, how you do feel about a woman wearing spanx to "shape" her trouble areas?

And how would you feel about wearing something that would compress your trouble areas?

Women, how would you feel about a dude wearing Manx?

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Manx??? Really!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhhhhhhh. I would not be thrilled to find out my date is wearing a girdle or whatever manx is. lol I do not wear spanx, ever.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Not sexy. Don't wear any underwear
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I don't mind if she wears spanx, just one more layer to take off. I've never heard of manx, but it doesn't sound like something I'd ever wear, I'd rather just suck in the gut all night.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Dont wear spanx I wont even wear painty hose. I prefer the guy have some idea of my true shape. Plus those things make me feel like a sasuage
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Dumb.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Jax, you are cracking me up! Trust me, the shaper will be off before you can even consider it :laugh:

I'd think it a bit odd if a guy wore one. Especially as a man doesnt really have a 'figure' to show off?? :noway:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I have worn spanx...some dresses pop in the wrong areas and looks better smoother :)

As for a man in manx? EEEEWWWWW
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Dont wear spanx I wont even wear painty hose. I prefer the guy have some idea of my true shape. Plus those things make me feel like a sasuage

^^ This!! I wore one to our holiday party last year - NEVER EVER again I felt like a stuffed sausage and incredibly uncomfortable. Last thing I wanted was to be completely miserable - and that is exactly what I was. I want a man to appreciate my true form as it progresses in its natural form.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Yep.
    Not only that, but I feel awesome naked. Always have been a happy naked woman, even at 230.
    It's the clothes that tend to get me down a bit, making extra lumps and bumps.
    But now that things are tightening up, I don't give a poo. If a guy doesn't like it clothed, he isn't gonna see it unclothed anyhow! :wink:

ETA: everytime I think of Spanx while getting ready for a date, I have a Bridget Jones moment...
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'd think it a bit odd if a guy wore one. Especially as a man doesnt really have a 'figure' to show off?? :noway:

^^This.
    There have only been a few occasions that I've worn spanx for... usually a bridesmaid dress or something similar. Otherwise, why bother?
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options

I agree I recently bought some and I thought I would pass out just putting them on. They aren't comfortable at all.

Manx... lol don't go there... lol :bigsmile:
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I understand the need for spanx, and have worn them on a few occasions (hello friends' wedding pictures), but I don't like how they move things around. I've had years of sitting just the right way to make me feel better and spanx throws it all off - I need my fat to be where it's supposed to be :laugh:

And, I have a friend who wore "manx" as you put it. It was just weird, but I think that's because he kept referring to his man-girdle a little too often. I mean to each their own, but :noway:
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Manx = compression shirt. Basically under armor with no sleeve to hold in your gut and make your chest look more defined. :-P It could be worn under like a dress shirt to get away with the slim crap all these heatehens wear nowadays.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I will wear spanx that fit and are not too tight when I am wearing a thin dress as just to hide panty lines and what not. I don't see anything wrong with it as it doesn't really make me look any skinner it just hides panty lines and sometime bra lines. After losing almost 90lbs I do have some loose skin and it just makes for a smoother look. Actually I now usually just wear bike shorts since I don't like slips.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't think Spanx change your shape enough to be deceptive (unless you're wearing multiple pairs at once, and I know women who do). To me, it's no different than wearing an underwire bra. And some outfits, particularly clingy dresses, simply look better when everything underneath is smooth. I follow the Steel Magnolias line of thought that it's pretty tacky to pay good money for a nice dress and wear it to a nice event with bulges in all the wrong places. If you're one of the few women in the world who simply don't need it, good for you.

As for men, if it's just a compression shirt, and it makes you feel better about your appearance, go for it. But a full blown "girdle" ... um, no.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think spanx are a tool to portray a false picture of yourself. A bit like the chicken fillet fake boobies you can get to stuff in your bra (I don't need those btw). I know if I was a guy and I was just about to get down and dirty with a size 10 34EE lady and once naked she turned out to be a size 18 34A hmm my mood would be dampened
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I will wear spanx that fit and are not too tight when I am wearing a thin dress as just to hide panty lines and what not.

Same here.. I have this certain orange dress that if I don't wear anything underneath you'll see my panties, my bra, my belly button, etc.. (I wouldn't go pantyless with this dress!!) so I wear a slip thing that has just a tad of compression since it hides the panty lines.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I think spanx are a tool to portray a false picture of yourself. A bit like the chicken fillet fake boobies you can get to stuff in your bra (I don't need those btw). I know if I was a guy and I was just about to get down and dirty with a size 10 34EE lady and once naked she turned out to be a size 18 34A hmm my mood would be dampened

Haha, I don't think there's a spanx in the world that can make an 18 into a 10! If so, that's impressive...
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I don't know what kind of Spanx some of y'all are wearing, but the kind I have (the actual Spanx brand) does not decrease my dress size, nor does it make me look like a different person. I can fit in my dresses with or without it. I just think it makes the whole thing look smoother and more polished.