Ch ch ch Chia!

Options
irridia
irridia Posts: 528 Member
Any body using it, have good recipeis, anecdotal evidence that it makes you less hungry?

The only concern I have is that someone on youtube said that it had high Omega 6 oils which we get plenty of already, and as I recall you don't want an abundance of them. Thus far I've only found them locally in one place, but then I've only looked in two so far and they are $10 ish a lb. However you are only supposed to use a tablespoon/day.

Thanks my sistahs!

Replies

• Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I haven't purchased it, but it is in some of the newer bread products I buy. I'll have to look more into it...love the "Ch ch ch Chia!" Crazy commercials! lmao
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I used it, a long long time ago... it turns gelatinous when moist. Just added it to my shake in the morning. It was until I read that your body doesn't digest fibre that I dropped it.
  • irridia
    Options
    I was interested in them mostly for this: the insouluable fiber which will create a feeling of saety, mostly on non-lifting days to keep my carb cravings under control, and this: fat (9g) (57% of which is ALA) Which is supposed to be anti-inflamatory. Lately, I've been seeing swelling esp in my fingers and they are more achy than they've been. They are also supposed to be rich in calcium, magnesium and B vitamins which are generally lacking for me anyway. Was curious if anyone had seen results. I'm not supposed to be taking NSAIDS but I have been anyway, and if this helps w/out causing NSAID type issues then... and of course fullness would be even better.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    have you tried upping your fats/omega 3's?

Not sure if you are following this website - but I do find it helpful http://bellatrixnutrition.com/blog/. Also on FB.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love the addition of chia seeds to my diet and yes I do find they keep me feeling less hungry. I want to answer your query in detail but will wait until I have a few minutes to answer in a helpful and coherent way. The short answer is add them to anything, shakes, soups, stews, yogurt.
  • irridia
    Options
    hoping to find some bulk somewhere so I could get like a weeks worth or so. Esp if it helps with inflammation.

In answer to oyur question I take 8k units of d3/day cause I'm trying to get my test levels up to 50.feeling full would be a bonus.
  • skrentz
    skrentz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just started using them too. Been adding them with oats to morning smoothy. I am a texture weirdo, and it is hard for me to down smoothies and oatmeal in the AM. Hoping this adds to the full feeling on less. I got mine in the bulk organic foods section of my medium sized grocery store. $6 us a lb.
  • irridia
    Options
    I just started using them too. Been adding them with oats to morning smoothy. I am a texture weirdo, and it is hard for me to down smoothies and oatmeal in the AM. Hoping this adds to the full feeling on less. I got mine in the bulk organic foods section of my medium sized grocery store. $6 us a lb.

That seems a really good price. I haven't checked the bulk sections of the stores I went to, mostly bc I hadn't gotten poo pooed by my hubby when I was looking for them, so I was just looking for a bag of them, Plus I thought I'd seen them at one of the stores I frequent. Perhaps I'll hit New Seasons at lunch!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I had ignored this thread but I work at a grocery store nights and weekends and yesterday somebody bought this. I started asking her about this, and I've been trying to eat my oats in the morning so I think I might give it a go... though I still have a bag of flaxseed that I "thought I'd give it a go" a while back... not that I don't like it, I'm just lazy :p

Although my thyroid is normal (thanks meds!) my hair and nails are thin, brittle and break really quickly. I don't want more pills, so the fish oil sits unused in my cabnet, I've tried nuts but I get addicted and eat the whole pound bag at once so maybe I'll give these a shot... though with the unused flaxseed I really don't see it working.

Sorry for the rambly, I recently discovered devils food flavored vodka+cherry coke. Itsamoving along in my system nicely :wink: