First Date Since Divorce

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
Hi Guys!
So I promised an update on my date.
It actually went really well once we got through a few snags. It felt like the gods were conspiring against me. He chose a great French bistro on the Chicago Gold Coast. We had 7:30 reservations and I wanted to give myself ample time. So I leave my house at 6:30pm. At 7 I am 5 mins from the restaurant and there is a major accident on the freeway. Like 5 firetrucks, ambulances..it was insane. And Im such a jerk all I could think was - please let me get past this accident!
Anyway - I call him to let him know I will be about 10 mins late. I pull up to Valet. The valet is MIA. So I had to sit and wait for him for 10 mins. And anyone that has ever parked in Chicago knows if I had tried to look for parking it would have been another 30 mins.
Anyway - He is cuter in person than his pics! And he was nice and really funny. He told me about 50 times how beautiful I was. There were two guys sitting next to us that kept staring at me the whole time. It made me so uncomfortable. Later when I got up to use the bathroom I came out and one of the guys was standing there. He told me he just wanted to say that I was stunning and my date was a lucky man. Holy ego boost batman.
Then the awkward moment when the check comes. I didn't even have a chance to offer to split the bill. He grabs it and tells me not to even consider it. We then left and walked to a wine bar down the street. The band was awful but he made lots of jokes and actually got up and started dancing like a nerd..which was totally endearing to me.
Then he walked me to my car, gave me a hug and that was it. It was a great first date. As for a second. I don't know. We had some things in common but I don't know if there was a 'love connection'? If he asks me out again I will say yes. But I am just starting the dating process again and I think he knows that.

Oh and I snapped a pic of myself in the mirror and the restaurant. I can't believe how different my body looks. I love it!

Zinc.jpg

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Aww! Sounds so amazing! I say give it a few more dates so see if there is that "connection" (LOL look at me trying to give advice although I have no clue what I am talking about :laugh: )

But he sounds so great!! One day at a time! :flowerforyou:

P.S. You look so freaking gorgeous!!! No wonder you were getting stared at by other guys! I hope (if there is) the second date goes even better than the first! :drinker:
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great first date! And what an ego boost! I'd go out with him again, why not?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    That's great! Hope the second date goes even better!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Sounds like a second dater to me :bigsmile:

And yes, you do look lovely :flowerforyou:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!

And yes, you are beautiful!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Yeah sounds like a second date is in order for sure!

And if he doesn't I would, you look gorgeous :)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    A good first step. Best wishes!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great first date. If there is a 2nd date there is but if there is not just go on to the next.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    You do look absolutely stunning!!!! WTG

I am happy to hear this date went well - and hopefully things will only get better from here. You deserve it!!