Gluten Free/Exercise

Options
tvl0308
tvl0308 Posts: 96 Member
Hi Everyone,
I have been gluten free for a year and a half and still learning. For the last year I was gaining weight like crazy and then decided to start exercising again. (Thanks goodness for MFP) When i do aerobics or walk my knees hurt the next day, is this something that being Gluten Free be doing? Before i was diagnosed with Celiac Disease I never had this problem. Not sure what to think, does anyone have any ideas for me?

Glad to have this group, I know i can learn a lot here.

Thanks

Replies

• Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    When you go gluten free joint pain normally fades. However this may be due to the exercise or if you read this article it might help.

http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/symptomsofceliacdisease/a/Celiac-Disease-And-Joint-Pain.htm
    "If you do all this and still find you're getting some joint pain and other glutening symptoms, you may need to cut back on "gluten-free" labeled foods, many of which still contain tiny amounts of gluten."
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    When you go gluten free joint pain normally fades. However this may be due to the exercise or if you read this article it might help.

http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/symptomsofceliacdisease/a/Celiac-Disease-And-Joint-Pain.htm
    "If you do all this and still find you're getting some joint pain and other glutening symptoms, you may need to cut back on "gluten-free" labeled foods, many of which still contain tiny amounts of gluten."

I agree. I don't eat packaged things or things made GF unless I'm the one who is making them. I eat naturally gluten free foods.

The other thing is Celiac can cause malnutrition and joint issues, talk to your doc about supplements that you should take for your joints and you should probably ask about iron, most Celiacs/Gluten Intolerants are pretty anemic.
  • tvl0308
    tvl0308 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying to my question. I will look into this web site. At this point I am willing to try anything. There is so much to learn about Gluten free and I know i haven't gotten it all down yet. :)

Have a great night!!