Match.psycho

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
So I got this really long email from some guy on match explaining why he is separated. I actually planned to answer him with a nice reject but I didn't have a chance to because a few mins later I got his second email with more details of his divorce.
At this point I am thinking maybe ignoring him is the best. Then I got a 3rd email demanding an explanation for why I am not responding to him and why no one has responded to him.
Wow.
Basically I laid into him. But as gently as possible. I told him it was obvious that he wasn't ready to start dating. I probably went into excruciating detail. But I think this guy is totally delusional. I hope that helps him but next email gets him a block.
This is why I took so much time off after my divorce. When you can smell desperation through the computer it's pretty damn strong.

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    wow you probably did the right thing. Maybe he will realize you don't need to tell everything up front.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    No Kidding! I told him he really didn't need to be giving out the personal details of his life to strangers. Especially having children. He even told me about the division of assest in his second email. Keep in mind this was before I responded. If I don't log in for a few weeks you guys tell the police about this dude ok :)
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    Keep in mind this was before I responded. If I don't log in for a few weeks you guys tell the police about this dude ok :)

LOL Promise we will....

Stay away! You did the right thing. He does not sound like he is ready for a healthy relationship at all. Or maybe he's just nuts.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    It happens. Next.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Bizarre people are out there,do not give them any attention.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bizarre people are out there,do not give them any attention.

^^^my vote
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    you are not even kidding. I have met some serious weirdos on various online dating websites. One guy told me he loved me and wanted to marry me after one conversation. online conversation. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was just joking but it turns out he wasn't...he was delusional and when I told him that I didn't want to talk to him anymore he lost it.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Then I got a 3rd email demanding an explanation for why I am not responding to him and why no one has responded to him.
    Wow.
    Basically I laid into him.

I've done this before. Maybe it was immature, but "yelling" at me for not responding is even more immature. Plus, it was a great stress reliever because I used it to take all my frustrations of the world out on that one person.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    What a nut!