Insanity 2X/day

Options
1mcward
1mcward Posts: 13 Member
Today was the first time I've completed Insanity in the am and pm. I fell off after completing Insanity at the beginning of April and now I've put on 5 of the 14 lbs I lost. So, I am trying like crazy to up my cardio and lean down before I go on vacation. Has anyone done Insanity 2X/day? Or if not Insanity, fitness in the am and pm? If so, what were your results?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I do 4 days of heavy lifting and two days of lighter cardio on top of Insanity. I eat a lot (my diary is open if you'd like to take a look), and my body is changing fast. If you're going to do it, listen to your body, and I do highly recommend eating a fair fraction of your exercise calories back - you should not be exercising that much in hopes of creating a huge deficit.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yea same here I missed 4 Insanity days due to serving out 4days of jail time. Altho, I was in jail I still did Insanity based workouts from what I could remember but I know it was not nearly as Intense as the Actual Insanity dvds.. So, as of today I am gonna be doing 2 workouts per day till I catch back up. then Just gonna go back to the regular Insanity Calendar plan..

So, I see no reason why not to do 2x per day as long as yea u eat just a lil more... :)
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    my schedule looks like this
    1. interval box (1hr) + insanity
    2. 1/2hr intense cycle, 1/2hr abs +insanity
    3. 45min intense cycle/15min weight training +insanity (cardio recovery day)
    4. 1hr total body sculpting class + insanity
    5. 1/2hr intense cycle, 1/2hr abs +insanity
    6. DAY OFF
    7.UFC training (every other week) +insanity

ive been on this schedule for 2 weeks now...today i kinda hit the wall pretty hard, feeling tired, but im pushing thru. i have not lost weight, but i can see and feel my body is changing. before i started insanity i would be likely to spend 1 1/2-2hrs a day at the gym. so althought my time spent working out has actually shortened, i think it is more purposeful now. i am definitly feeling the change, especially in my belly and hips.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That seems like overkill. I can't imagine doing two Insanity workout in the same day. I do some extra cardio sometimes prior, but two Insanity workouts is just asking to burnout quickly.