New here!

Options
Hi all, my name is Brittney and I have a 6 month old daughter. I was 148 before I got pregnant and by weighed 170 right after I gave birth. Since then I have gained 22lbs due to my poor eating habits I became used to during pregnancy. After at least 3 failed diets and losing all faith in getting back to my old self I am ready to do whatever it takes to get my body back under control. I hope to gain supportive friends!

Replies

• mamsa
    mamsa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany, I'm in your shoes but this is my third child and I'm 40 (my baby will be 6 months next week). My first two are 9 & 6 so having another baby was quite a shock for me. I hadn't really lost the "baby weight" from the first two and with age and relatively sedentary life, I was going into PRE partum depression and have been not doing great at watching what I eat and exercising. But now I realize especially that I have a 9 year old, I only have so much time before it's all a fleeting memory and I don't want that memory to be of me being a lump on the couch WATCHING my kids play. I want to be that "play" mom. So MFP seems like something I can do especially after reading so many inspiring posts. I've never stuck to any diet plan in my life. Not thinking of this as a diet but a way of life. This will need to be the first day of the rest of my life for me. Good Luck!
  • labtracks
    labtracks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My son is 3 months old this week. I gained 37 pounds during pregnancy and quickly lost 22 after birth, but have been stuck on an impossibly long plateau for 9 weeks now staying at the exact same weight within a pound or two :( It's been very frustrating. MFP has been great though, I love tracking what I eat and it helps me plan my meals so I don't just binge like I used to. I feel healthier and much more educated about weight loss since I've been on here. I encourage you to make friends and browse the discussions in community. Many educated people here with lots of advice... and the success/progress photos people post are always inspirational when I'm discouraged. Feel free to friend me if you like!
  • brittney1618
    Options
    THank you guys =] One thing that this site has shown me is that I need to stop "dieting" and just start changing my entire life style. I am looking forward to losing weight and becoming healthy with friends!