Monday....Keeping focus!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
As we start this glorious week I want for all of us to think how can we stay on track. You see as I have said before we all have meetings, kids, promotion, cars, dinner to make, deadlines, school, doctor's appointments and God forbid TRAFFIC but as Life events happen such as death or illness how can we stay on track? I saw tweak your goals and plans. Hey, you may go thru a period where weight loss is on back burner and just maintain or you may curtail the 2 lbs lose per week to just .5. Exercising for an hour daily may have to switch to an intense HIIT program for just 15 min a day. If a pay cut maybe steak is not on the grocery list but hamburger..but guess what it all can be worked out in the end to your success! It is how you make adjustments as REAL life happens and goals change.
Make goals tweak goals and keep rediscovering how this healthy journey is not a one time, one thing, or one fit you at all times!!! Keep rediscovering yourself and how you can successfully manage no matter what!

Peace,
WW
As always let me know your thoughts.

Replies

• nlalamin
    nlalamin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day starting with MFP. I am excited to be on what I hope is the first day to the rest of my healthy life. I am determined to be focused today and not be derailed from my goals.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I totally agree with this. One thing for me in the past I was eating the Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine, etc for lunch and it just got so expensive buying a week's worth of them I thought what am I going to do? Now I buy a whole chicken, bake it on Monday, take the skin off and shred it....now I have healthy homemade chicken salad for lunch. Probably costs me for the WHOLE week what one frozen meal was costing me plus I've cut down on a lot of sodium this way too :smile:
  • Nettabullock
    Options
    I am a busy mom who has the challenge of a household who has not yet decided to change their eating habits like I have so grabbing one of those quick meals seems so easy for me to avoid fast food that everyone in my house loves. I just hate all the sodium.....
  • tickleandslapp
    tickleandslapp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo on this journey for the long hall.. and yes you gotta be flexible in your focus! It all adds up! Thanks for the positive vibes..Aloha!
  • JuliaWallaceGal
    Options
    I totally agree with this. One thing for me in the past I was eating the Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine, etc for lunch and it just got so expensive buying a week's worth of them I thought what am I going to do? Now I buy a whole chicken, bake it on Monday, take the skin off and shred it....now I have healthy homemade chicken salad for lunch. Probably costs me for the WHOLE week what one frozen meal was costing me plus I've cut down on a lot of sodium this way too :smile:

Awesome Awesome - such an inspiration
    :flowerforyou: