Blocking

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
I had to block a guy on POF.....he wasn't crazy rude, or mean or anything...just really annoying. He wrote quick note saying he liked my profile and wanted to get to know me better....Well, he wasn't attractive (to me), and we had NOTHING in common AND he lives far away (been there done that with distance thing). So I ignored the note. About a week later I got the same note from him again, so I wrote a nice note saying, thanks, but I don't think we are a good match. Good luck. A week later got the same not from him again, so was annoyed, but just did the same thing. Last night I got the same note again, so I just blocked him. Seems extreme, but I know I am not interested, and don't want to be mean, but COME ON!!!

Glad I found someone I like....way less time spent on POF........only check if I get msg...which is rare these days :)

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he sends the same thing to dozens or even hundreds of ladies as sort of a wide net attempt.
    I doubt he was specifically targeting you but just never remember who he sends them to.
    I had that here with a guy and FR so did the same and blocked him,it was annoying.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Interesting that you felt bad about that. Anytime someone writes me and I'm not into them I hit block. The reason is because otherwise they forever show up on the Conversation Tab when you are both online (even if you never responded), which is so not cool.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have had to block a few from POF - some crazies out there! But I know I sure do not feel guilty.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Interesting that you felt bad about that. Anytime someone writes me and I'm not into them I hit block. The reason is because otherwise they forever show up on the Conversation Tab when you are both online (even if you never responded), which is so not cool.

I should think about doing that more often...makes sense because it is frustrating when you don't respond and then they write to you every time you are online.......thanks for the tip :)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I've had the same girl email me the same thing twice. Both times she just said "Heyyy!" She actually seemed cute and normal enough from her profile so I wrote her back both times (the second time was a couple months later and I wrote back before I realized it was the same chick.) She never responded to either one though.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if you can't remember who you've written to, or take a moment to check your sent list, then you're a dork - block him for being a dork! :laugh: