5 or 10K walk/runs...Interested in participating??

Options
Hey everyone -
I have been trying to do some of the walk/runs around the island of Oahu and think it would be more fun to have a friend or two there. My boyfriend works on Saturdays so he can't usually participate and most people I hang with I met at the bar so they are not really motivated to get up and move on a weekend morning :tongue: If anyone would be interested, please let me know.

Replies

• itecson
    itecson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sister! If you and your boyfriend want to try a hike lmk! Aiea Loop or something east side maybe. Shoots!
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    Options
    We have done Aiea loop before - funny it seemed loooong at the time. Now I do a 3-mile loop no worries! He usually hikes on Mondays because that's his day off and I know he would love more people to hike with. Sunday would be a good day for both of us to hike.
  • plumerialei
    Options
    I would love to do the Aiea loop trail sometime too, I live in mililani so not too far away! That is a pretty hike too!
  • ElTecolote
    ElTecolote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Up until a few years ago I used to run just about every road race on Oahu, and even traveled to do some on Maui, the Big Island and Kauai. A great publication can be found at Runner's HI in Aiea (lists all the upcoming road races). You can also do a search on "Active.com". This is the year I get back into it, posted on another thread, but the "Jamba Juice Banana Man Chase" is coming up May 4th. It's only a 5K, very doable even for those who are not avid runners.
    http://www.jambahawaii.com/12th-annual-banana-man-chase
  • rmysoldr
    rmysoldr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the Banana Man Chase, too! I'm soooo excited! I started a program to get me to running a 5K in 8 weeks. I won't be done with the program yet, but I think I will be able to do the run! Or maybe I'll walk, who knows? :) But I'm gonna chase banana men! LOL
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in entry level hikes and walks. I'm in Kaneohe.