What is your workout?

Options
Shirvona
Shirvona Posts: 43 Member
Hey just wondering what others are doing for a workout (getting heart rate 135 and up) and for how long? I am looking to mix things up so I don't get bored.

Right now I alternate between
1. "Turbo Jam" for 40 to 80 min a day
2. Climbing up and down my stairs for 40 min to and hour while doing bicep curls with a can of soup in each hand.
3. Also on days that I am just not motivated I take my dog for an extra long walk.

Replies

• soontobesexyone
    Options
    Try swimming - 1 hour of swimming is about 900 calories burned!!! thats just swimming laps......there are indoor pools all over the place
  • singanote
    Options
    I have been using the XBox 360 "Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout". It is good for me because it sets the level it works you out at by first doing an assessment of where you are (unlike the show that kills you right out of the gate!). I started on "light" at 7 minutes per day 2 days per week and am now doing "moderate" (with some "challenging" thrown in here and there) for 25 minutes 2-3 times per week. I love the Biggest Loser "game" because it gives me visual feedback during the workout. I know how long I will be doing each portion of the workout, when small water breaks will be, etc. It also tells me when I'm done how many calories I burned.

I've lost 66 lbs so far...but I'd like to lose at least another 36 and would LOVE to lose another 150. I am caught between wanting to set goals for myself and not wanting to undermine myself psychologically if I don't reach those goals, so I am setting small, moderate goals as I go and, as I reach them, set new ones. I am doing that with workouts AND with everything else.
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a shed load of workout DVDs, so I don't get bored! There are lots of good workouts on YouTube for free. Or libraries. Free is nice. I used to love my dance mat before I injured my back (oops)! It was easy to burn calories and great fun.

Classes can be good if you need a push to keep going.