Week 3 (R2) Discussion

Options
2»

Replies

• MarieKae45
    MarieKae45 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm having a serious self doubt week.

First, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I saw old me. Im down nearly 40 lbs total, I know its impossible, but there I was, big me. A complete mind f*&#.

Then yesterday. My friend was telling me a story. My friend (5'8", size 2, spins 5x a week, rarely eats), was apparently corrected by the guy she's seeing "you're not too thin, you're average." He also said that he wouldn't have kids cause it would ruin his wife's body (he's in his 30, btw, and she's obv not speaking to him anymore). If that twig, who I've often worried has issues with food and over exercising, is average WTF. So guess what I dreamed about last night? I never remember my dreams, but woke up remembering my subconscious telling me negative things; I don't need to repeat. Geez.

I saw my parents yesterday, too, who know I had lots of blood work done a few weeks ago, luckily everything was negative, and I thought I looked really nice and I've been feeling a lot better, and my dad said I looked pale and sick.

I didn't know where or if I should post this. But I just needed to vent.

I need to be proud of my accomplishments, and happy with my progress. And I am. So this negativity crap has got to go!!!!

:flowerforyou:
    this is the place to vent....I've found this journey to be highly personal and not easily talked about to even some of my closest friends. As I started to get enough pounds off for people to notice and comment I became aware of these types of conversations. I decided, for me, it was best to not get drawn in to the 'she's a two and eats nothing and is soooo healthy' or 'the I'll not eat any carbs and that is the perfect diet' or the 'medi-fast is perfect because I only eat 800 calories' etc.

Honestly, I think that it got worse as I've lost, however, I'm at 30+ and discussions are moving from gossiping about what might be wrong in my life (literally...I heard my co-workers at the lunch table) to 'Wow, your dedication and motivation is working and so inspirational'. Which I have to say makes me want to scream sometimes.

You are awesome and the strength you are showing in an inspiration to us all!!

Rock their world Pin UP Girl!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • MarieKae45
    Options
    Sounds like we're all into outdoor activity this week too, I was heading over to the gym to take my pump class and I decided that I wanted to be outside, so I went to the park and did a 4 mile walk/jog. Currently have an ice pack on my hip, don't think it was quite ready for that...

Hugs to us all and big cheers that WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :flowerforyou:
    We will prevail over this and get back in the right direction in our journey... Keep your fingers crossed for me, it's going to be a tough weekend food wise, so far two birthday meals on tap!

they are crossed..make the best choices you can and skimp on the cake and ice cream!
  • MarieKae45
    Options
    Hey Pin Ups, I'm feeling the same pressure. This is my first week logging for several weeks and it was hard the first 2 days. You think that you are estimating well but I guess that why the scales goes up and done every week. Wednesday was good and then today I ate KFC 2 piece meal with cole slaw and mpg and a beautiful biscuit..... 1070 calories. Threw me over by 325ish

I'm feeling stronger and my body is feeling better. I promised myself that I would get back to preparing food/lunches this weekend. I feel so much better when I do I know it's worth it.

:drinker: here's to all of us and the successes we are having!!!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're all into outdoor activity this week too, I was heading over to the gym to take my pump class and I decided that I wanted to be outside, so I went to the park and did a 4 mile walk/jog. Currently have an ice pack on my hip, don't think it was quite ready for that...

Hugs to us all and big cheers that WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :flowerforyou:
    We will prevail over this and get back in the right direction in our journey... Keep your fingers crossed for me, it's going to be a tough weekend food wise, so far two birthday meals on tap!

they are crossed..make the best choices you can and skimp on the cake and ice cream!
    Thanks! At least the cake is the easy part, if I want it I have to make it since I'm gluten free.... just can't bring myself to make my own b-day cake. :grumble:
  • MarieKae45
    Options
    well Pin Ups I'm getting worried about my weigh in. The KFC threw me up a pound, I'm sure due to the sodium!! Tomorrow is my Sister in Law to be's bridal shower and we are having an old fashioned potluck. I'm going to do my best to stay clear of to much. Also on the menu is Mimosa's and cake....thats a killer.
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    ^Sip one mimosa, and have a small piece of cake. Enjoy a little :o) Also, lots of water for that residual KFC.

So this week got better..... lol ..... i broke my right pointer finger, my washing machine broke mid-load and my a/c isn't working (neither of the two can be fixed until Monday b/c they're not "emergencies"), but oh the *kitten* well. I'm so tired of my funk, that this *kitten* can't get my down. I won't let it. I got my finger in a splint, I wrung my clothes out and put them through the drier a few times until dry, and opened the windows and got some nice fresh air. :o)
  • tunegrita83
    tunegrita83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Grrrr still at 160, but do feel less bloated while eating better abd working out.
    next week's goals are -2 lbs.
    wish me luck!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options

First, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I saw old me. Im down nearly 40 lbs total, I know its impossible, but there I was, big me. A complete mind f*&#.

Then yesterday. My friend was telling me a story. My friend (5'8", size 2, spins 5x a week, rarely eats), was apparently corrected by the guy she's seeing "you're not too thin, you're average." He also said that he wouldn't have kids cause it would ruin his wife's body (he's in his 30, btw, and she's obv not speaking to him anymore). If that twig, who I've often worried has issues with food and over exercising, is average WTF. So guess what I dreamed about last night? I never remember my dreams, but woke up remembering my subconscious telling me negative things; I don't need to repeat. Geez.

I saw my parents yesterday, too, who know I had lots of blood work done a few weeks ago, luckily everything was negative, and I thought I looked really nice and I've been feeling a lot better, and my dad said I looked pale and sick.

I need to be proud of my accomplishments, and happy with my progress. And I am. So this negativity crap has got to go!!!!

Aw honey, I'm sorry you're having such a rough couple of days. I'm glad your friend told that jacka$$ to take a hike. She doesn't need a toxic person like that in her life. I'm 5'8" and I will never be a size 2 (6 on a good day) and I get yelled at for being too skinny by DH. She needs to find someone who loves her for her.

And YOU, don't talk so negative to yourself!!! When I was having a really rough time someone recommended the book "Don't Feed the Monster on Tuesdays" to me. It's hard to find (psych/shrink book) but it's got a good point. We all have an evil monster that lives inside of us and brings us down. The more we talk badly to ourselves and continue to think about the things that bother us the more we feed that monster and it grows and grows and makes us miserable. If you don't feed the monster, it will go away and you'll feel better about yourself. I have a picture of the cover of the book and I keep it in my planner to remind me that I can either feed the monster and be miserable, or make him starve and go away and I'll be happy. (some days are easier than others but hey, whatever works)

I'm glad to hear that your blood tests came back and everything's okay. Hang in there! You've got a great support system here.
  • nicholhebert
    nicholhebert Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If today is the weigh in for week 3, I lost one pound, if not, I will report back next week!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Not sure if this is the place to weigh in, but...

222.0 up from last week....... :grumble:

Hey Rach!
    Just a suggestion for people like me who are easily confused. It really helps when you put the date on the topic line. I lose track of which week we're on.:embarassed:
    Thanks for keeping track for us. You ARE appreciated, I guarantee! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options

Aw honey, I'm sorry you're having such a rough couple of days. I'm glad your friend told that jacka$$ to take a hike. She doesn't need a toxic person like that in her life. I'm 5'8" and I will never be a size 2 (6 on a good day) and I get yelled at for being too skinny by DH. She needs to find someone who loves her for her.

And YOU, don't talk so negative to yourself!!! When I was having a really rough time someone recommended the book "Don't Feed the Monster on Tuesdays" to me. It's hard to find (psych/shrink book) but it's got a good point. We all have an evil monster that lives inside of us and brings us down. The more we talk badly to ourselves and continue to think about the things that bother us the more we feed that monster and it grows and grows and makes us miserable. If you don't feed the monster, it will go away and you'll feel better about yourself. I have a picture of the cover of the book and I keep it in my planner to remind me that I can either feed the monster and be miserable, or make him starve and go away and I'll be happy. (some days are easier than others but hey, whatever works)

I'm glad to hear that your blood tests came back and everything's okay. Hang in there! You've got a great support system here.

Thank you!! It's nice to vent sometimes, esp. here where I don't feel any sort of judgement. I'm doing my best to keep positive and all the support just makes it so much easier to stay that way. :o)